HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerryIUP

What springs for the XR650L?

3 posts in this topic

I wanted some input on the brands and or stiffness of springs to get. I am 210lbs and have an 2002 XR650L. I live in Florida and do about 60% road and 40% off road. Thanks.

I wanted some input on the brands and or stiffness of springs to get. I am 210lbs and have an 2002 XR650L. I live in Florida and do about 60% road and 40% off road. Thanks.

Jerry, I have .47 and .49 front and 11.5 kg rear springs for the L. I swapped out my rear shock and my forks, so they are not being used.

FYI I would say that the .47s and the 11.5 rear would work well for you. They were a big improvement on my bike.

Brian

The Race Tech website has a spring rate calculator you can use to figure out what stiffness to buy. You can order springs through them or I know you can also get them from Eibach. I have Eibachs on the front of my L.