best bend bar for tall rider on a 426?

for along time now i have had pro tapers with my stock upper tripple, on my 426, with those stupid adapter things to allow for the bigger bar. i do not know the bend of the bar but it is low and i dont like it. i am 6' 2". i am thinking i would like a henry/reed, yz hi, or woods high, bar but im wondering what you guys around my height are running. also i am going to buy a new upper tripple so i can loose that adapter bar riser thing. so what triples that are fairly inexpensive and bend bars are you guys running on your 426's. also what about the pro taper evo bar? and what clutch levers are you guys liking? thanks

I have a buddy who is 6'2" and he has a 2000 426 and he is running the cr high bend and likes them alot. He does have the adapter kit to the stock triple clamps. I have been checking out the pro taper top triple clamp bar combo, it has many combo's in height and forward and backward adjustments! I have a 2006 yz 450 and I bought the applied (clamps) that go with the stock triple clamps and got the + 5mm with my lower bars and that worked out perfect for me but I am only 6'. They also had a + 10 mm option ,I think they also sell top triple clamps as well. The most impotant thing I can tell you is that I have found that the clamps only option is cheaper then buying new bars around $ 55.

Im 6'1" and the bike i just bought has those same adapters and all it says on the bars is "mini high" they work good for me however even on most lower bend bars i tend to have them a little forward to help keep my elbows up and it also helps me with leg space. On my last bike i had demarini high bends and they were perfect however it was on a cr so dont know if that will help you.

I'm 6'4" and have an 02 YZ426F. I'm running a BRP upper triple clamp with a rubber mounted sub damper mount. This alone raises the bars 1" (25mm) over stock. When I first bought the bike used it came with ProTaper YZ Hi bars(84mm rise). These are not hi bars in any sense of the word. I then replaced them with ProTaper KX Hi bars(108mm rise). I was almost where I wanted to be with these bars, but still felt that they were a little low. I just recently changed bars again to ProTaper Contour Pastrana FMX bars(121mm rise). These are perfect for me and I'm very happy with them. If you plan on buying a new upper triple clamp that has the stock height bar clamps I would get the ProTaper FMX bars(121mm rise). The ProTaper EVO handlebars are nice and might be slightly stronger than the ProTaper Contour handlebars, but they only come in a limited number of different bends. None of them are close to the rise that you need. I bought the triple clamps and bars from the TT store at 10% off retail plus free shipping and no tax.:busted:

BRP triple clamps

http://www.brpmoto.com/index.php?cPath=45_286_1917

ProTaper Contour chart

http://www.protaper.com/contents/products/handlebars/contour.html

after reading a few other post i think that i am going to try that pastrana fmx contour bar. motosports outlet has a pro taper top triple that comes with a contour bar for like 180 bucks or something, but i dont see the pastrana fmx bend in the list, just the pastrana mx rm low or something. is ther anywhere to get this combo with the fmx bend, that price fits in my budget, i am superbroke right now. thanks guys

I'm 6'4" and have an 02 YZ426F. I'm running a BRP upper triple clamp with a rubber mounted sub damper mount. This alone raises the bars 1" (25mm) over stock. When I first bought the bike used it came with ProTaper YZ Hi bars(84mm rise). These are not hi bars in any sense of the word. I then replaced them with ProTaper KX Hi bars(108mm rise). I was almost where I wanted to be with these bars, but still felt that they were a little low. I just recently changed bars again to ProTaper Contour Pastrana FMX bars(121mm rise). These are perfect for me and I'm very happy with them. If you plan on buying a new upper triple clamp that has the stock height bar clamps I would get the ProTaper FMX bars(121mm rise). The ProTaper EVO handlebars are nice and might be slightly stronger than the ProTaper Contour handlebars, but they only come in a limited number of different bends. None of them are close to the rise that you need. I bought the triple clamps and bars from the TT store at 10% off retail plus free shipping and no tax.:busted:

BRP triple clamps

http://www.brpmoto.com/index.php?cPath=45_286_1917

ProTaper Contour chart

http://www.protaper.com/contents/products/handlebars/contour.html

how did you get that triple clamp from the tt store? i cannot find jack on there. i dont see one triple clamp on there that is for anything older than 2004. and i see brp on there nowhere. this is pissing me off why are triple clamps so freekin hard to find online.

I have the windham bend per Grey's advice which I will always follow. It along with a Longhorn adjustable clamp moved forward has inproved ergos immensly. However I think I still need a little more so I will prob get the lowboy foot pegs. I am a little hesitant with my feet being size 13 though. I am 6'4 btw

I have the windham bend per Grey's advice which I will always follow. It along with a Longhorn adjustable clamp moved forward has inproved ergos immensly. However I think I still need a little more so I will prob get the lowboy foot pegs. I am a little hesitant with my feet being size 13 though. I am 6'4 btw

Why?My boots are size15 and I use the GYTR in the low position on a 07'&08 yz450.