Got WR426 Need to spend more $

Just got my wr426. I havn't riden it yet but will this weekend. I had pro-taper bars put on with that new clamp along with the lever gards. Problem is I don't know what pipe is the best. It seems like no one wants to put out any real stats on their stuff, HP Gains etc. I want to spend some money.... what should I get? Has anyone tride the YZ timing on this bike yet?

• Like 2

Originally posted by Polo:

Just got my wr426. I havn't riden it yet but will this weekend. I had pro-taper bars put on with that new clamp along with the lever gards. Problem is I don't know what pipe is the best. It seems like no one wants to put out any real stats on their stuff, HP Gains etc. I want to spend some money.... what should I get? Has anyone tride the YZ timing on this bike yet?

The White E pipe with S-Bend with 12 disc seems to be the standard.

View?u=1274835&a=9449220&p=30977860

Here's Polo coming out of the Hot Tub on the Slickrock trail in Moab.....

Polo, you think the 426 will make this any easier?

[This message has been edited by cueball (edited 02-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cueball (edited 02-02-2001).]

CueBall,

As far as your question about the 426 making that any easier... well quite frankly I am suprised you would ask. Think back to childhood. Remember when you got that new pair of shoes? You could run faster, and jump higher!!! Same simple concept.

Chris, go ahead & snag a copy of the photo for your site! No problems. Polo deserves the publicity for the successful attempt at the end of a long, hot day.

Polo, I remember the 'new shoes feeling' allright. Next Moab trip we'll have to find you even tougher obstacles!

That is soooo cool! When and where did you get that tidbit of info? The dealership I got my bike from had no Idea what it had. Does that then mean any pipe for the YZ would be good for the WR? And does anyone know "FACT-POSSITIVE" what pipe puts out the most HP>>>???

believe it or not-in the pipe shootout in dirt rider the supertrapp ids2 made the most peak horsepower on the yz426! yes - supertrapp, the cheapest one. how true it is i dont know but it only had peak hp, some of the others made a lot better hp throughout the pband and if i remember correctly the wb e-series and fmf did fairly well. they were too much for me so i got the pro circuit. it was $390 shipped to my door and it came with a spark arrestor. it is definetly made for motocross-supercross cauze it is all balls up top. it even seems like a 2 stroke now compared to before and it is very-very loud and crisp. but i like it that way!

SFO,

Does the Hunk have his own site, or are you at off road.com?

Thx

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

I havn't been out riding my WR426 yet but I did race it up and down the street with my 2000WR.

--WR426 Throttle stop removed, airbox lid off, uncorked pipe.

--WR400 Airbox lid off, YZ timed, DVP needle, YZ pipe.

I had a friend ride one and I would ride the other, then trade back and forth. Both 185lbs. ------MY 400 Killed my 426----

Maybe I just need to get more then 2.5 miles on the engine. Ohh ya, and spend some more money on it. I Still don't know what pipe to get.

• Like 1

Do you guys get the 2001 WR426 with the Titanium Muffler on it standard? Just curious. The WR426's are not due out here in Oz until March/April. But the one I saw here at the 500cc GP on display had a good looking Titanium pipe on it. You guys are talking about replacing the mufflers..Are they no good? Or do you not have this one your Bikes in the US? Obviously we do not have to have a spark arrestor here..so I know that would be different.