HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zimak

Front wheel

4 posts in this topic

Ok got my DS setup with D606's.

Love them but the front is just flat out unridable when I go through the dunes to get to one of my trail riding spots.

I would like to set up an extra front tire, rotor and all for quick swap when I'm going through this one spot.

I'm still new to off road bikes so not sure what to look for in a wheel. Tire pick is easy and doing the swap is too but not sure what to buy in way of a wheel. Is there an Excel or any name brand of front wheel (with spokes) that I can get and set up as a spare front?

The ones I've seen on Ebay are a bit much so far so just looking for options.

I've seen in the "Show your pig" thread people with non stock wheels on so just curious, what size, name brand etc...just point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

You can browse Ebay for used or new OEM wheels, or go to any aftermarket dealer for aftermarket wheels. If you're looking for a bolt-on wheel assembly, the best reviews I've heard are for the Talon hub/Buchanan spoke/Excel rim combo.

You might want to try something different on the front. Most Pirelli fronts are DOT and depending on the model some are pretty aggressive.

You can browse Ebay for used or new OEM wheels, or go to any aftermarket dealer for aftermarket wheels. If you're looking for a bolt-on wheel assembly, the best reviews I've heard are for the Talon hub/Buchanan spoke/Excel rim combo.

This is what I was looking for.

How do I figure out what all parts are needed and will fit?

I mean what hubs will fit the 650R and how do I put a package together. Would prefer to do the assembly at home unless there is something too hard about doing it yourself that I dont know.

Try to stay out of the retail bike stores as their markup is usually pretty ugly.

Possible to order all this as a package from place like RM?