HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solo

YZ426F exhaust question.

10 posts in this topic

I have an exhaust can from a YZ426F that I will be putting on my WR. My question is does this pipe have a spark arrestor in it? I can see a screen just inside the tail section. If it did not have a screen to begin with was there one that could be added internally?

The stock YZ muffler has no spark arrestor. But if your pipe has an after market end cap like the PMB, it might.

It looks just like the stock tip. I'm going outside to grab photos now. Stay tuned.

Stock no...at least on an 01...I have one...put the DR. D on there and it came with one...awesome exhaust for an 01 426.

First photo is the pipe & tip. I assume it's stock?

Second photo shows the screen down in there. Is that a stock part or something that has been added? Would it qualify as a spark arrestor?

CIMG1288.JPG

CIMG1290.JPG

First photo is the pipe & tip. I assume it's stock?

Second photo shows the screen down in there. Is that a stock part or something that has been added? Would it qualify as a spark arrestor?

Well looks like it might be a spark arrestor with a screen since that is all it is...but dont know for sure since I dont know the pipe/or year....that is not what came stock on my 01 yz426f.

The pipe was represented as a stock 2001 YZ426F pipe. I have no doubt that the mid pipe and can are 100% stock. My questions are about the tip and the screen. The tip looks to me to be stock too. My guess is that someone removed the tip, installed a screen and rivited the tip back on. Do I seem off base or?

Looks like a homemade screen type spark arrestor. That won't fly with the rangers mainly cause there is no USFS stamp. If your only track riding it's fine but for trail riding I would get a Pro Moto Billet endcap and install it to avoid any ticket hassles

That does look home brewed. A USFS screen would be a cone extending down into the pipe. The stock mufflers can be opened up and repacked, so it's not impossible that someone could do this. It will probably work, but it won't flow as well as a cone, and as said, lacks the stamp of approval. That leaves it up to the individual ranger as to whether to allow it or not. Iffy.