HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vw127

dbdawg silencer thing

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone used the dbdawg silencer from dirtwerkz.com? For 58 bucks you easily attach this to the back of the exhaust and it dropes the decibles by 10!! I want to get one because the local track requires a quiet bike, but I'm wondering if I need to re-jet, and if I will loose power? They claim no to very minor power loss. Thanks Steve:ride:

Has anyone used the dbdawg silencer from dirtwerkz.com? For 58 bucks you easily attach this to the back of the exhaust and it dropes the decibles by 10!! I want to get one because the local track requires a quiet bike, but I'm wondering if I need to re-jet, and if I will loose power? They claim no to very minor power loss. Thanks Steve:ride:

They are liars. The db dawg kills the bottom end and jetting won't fix it. I have one and have tried rejetting and nothing works. It does drop the db level, but there is a huge power loss.

Save your money and buy a FMF Q2. The Q2 actually produces more mid to top power and its 96 or less db.

I have to agree. I bought one for my 03 YZ450 and have not been able to get it running correctly. The bike was always too rich with the DB in place. The weird thing is that I also put one on my 04 KXF 290 and it took just a notches on the clip. The bike runs great.

They are liars. The db dawg kills the bottom end and jetting won't fix it. I have one and have tried rejetting and nothing works. It does drop the db level, but there is a huge power loss.

Save your money and buy a FMF Q2. The Q2 actually produces more mid to top power and its 96 or less db.

Did you try dropping your needle, i had the same problem on my drz no jets would work. as soon as i dropped my needle 2 clips voila bike ran great.

Did you try dropping your needle, i had the same problem on my drz no jets would work. as soon as i dropped my needle 2 clips voila bike ran great.

Yep. I even tried both JD needles and the stock needle. Bikes aren't designed to run with a cork in the exhaust. :busted:

thanks guy's, I think I'll spend the xtra cash and go for the fmf q4. I might as well do it right instead of being disapointed. Will there be a power loss with the q4?

No power loss with the Q4, Its a great pipe. I found mine to run very hot though on the mx track.. you may need to add some heat tape to your number plate. Also, I would remove the decals from the pipe before riding it.. if you dont it will look like this after a few rides and you'll have a big mess on you hands. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/02YZ426/DSC_0061-1.jpg

I had it on my yz piped WR

I thought it didnt hurt it till I took it off

No way am I putting it back on.Its a new bike now.I wanted it to work.

[Damn I would of never thought about that!!:thumbsup: I'm between the Q4 and White bros .

QUOTE=02YZ426;6054732]No power loss with the Q4, Its a great pipe. I found mine to run very hot though on the mx track.. you may need to add some heat tape to your number plate. Also, I would remove the decals from the pipe before riding it.. if you dont it will look like this after a few rides and you'll have a big mess on you hands. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/02YZ426/DSC_0061-1.jpg

I heard White Brothers is now Vance and Hines? I really like the Q4 personally.. it has a good sound, fairly lightweight and good quality overall. I'll be getting a new one soon as I've destroyed my old one. :thumbsup:

DSC00026.jpg