stator trade?

OK. Here's the deal, I have a 2001 yz426 and I want to run a light. I don't want to pay $500 and up for an aftermarket stator. I know that a WR stator will work on my bike. So I am sending out this message to see if any of you guys have taken the light off of your bike. If so would you be interested in trading your light and stator for my stator and # plate?

OR-

If anyone has a line on a cheaper way to get a light on my bike. thanks for your help.

A stock WR stator can be ordered online for about $150. I think a voltage regulator can be had for about $15. Baja Designs sells headlights for about $90.

whats a voltage regulator? Yes I know it regulates voltage. but why do I need it. Does the out put from the stator really jump around that much?

Originally posted by Dansgarage:

whats a voltage regulator? Yes I know it regulates voltage. but why do I need it. Does the out put from the stator really jump around that much?

Call Ritzo at Electrex USA... he's the stator expert and can hook you up.

Good luck,

--Steve

You could burn out your lights without a voltage regulator. $15 isn't much-that will pay for itself in 2 burned-out headlights.