HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USED YZ426F

Flu Designs Graphics

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought or had a set of Flu Designs TS1 Team Graphics?

I'm wondering if their quality is worth. Found a set on eBay, with all of the graphics and a seat cover and the price seems almost too good to be true.

The link to eBay is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flu-Designs-Graphics-Seat-Yamaha-YZF-250-400-426-98-02_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35593QQihZ005QQitemZ150211397027QQtcZphoto

My kit is a little different but should be the same quality The seat cover is really cheap and thin, it is already tearing around the staples and i havent even got to ride it yet, had a shop put my cover on and they said the material is way cheap! Did the graphics myelf and was impressed with the quality,

8ac186b5-6345-4061-874c-3a5312821951s.jpg

42c72830-9a52-43c2-b080-748a6b10343fs.jpg

I just ordered a set of flu graphics from motosport.com about ten minutes ago. The set includes front and rear fender, shrouds, swingarm, airbox and aparently other stickers, plus a black gripper seat cover for $48.00!!!!! I had to read it a couple of times but It looks to good to be true so I bought it. Check it out, but I would hurry! I got it for an 07 yz450

Steve

Try contacting jeffboyd47m. He has a set of those FLU designs graphics on his bike, and they look way cool......

I liked the price and bought some. I have not used the seat cover but the graphics seem to be good quality. I guess time will tell.

100_3516.jpg

1 person likes this

Looks sweet. So what I hear is that the graphics are pretty good quality, but the seat cover is crap?

For the price that they are listed on eBay, would you buy them again?

Looks sweet. So what I hear is that the graphics are pretty good quality, but the seat cover is crap?

For the price that they are listed on eBay, would you buy them again?

I have already bought another set for a 05 YZ450 that I am fixing up to sell. I also bought an extra set for my bike for later in the year when I want to freshen it up.

I liked the price and bought some. I have not used the seat cover but the graphics seem to be good quality. I guess time will tell.

100_3516.jpg

jeffboyd your bike looks sweeeeet I can't wait to get mine on!!!:busted:

steve

Is there a trick to putting graphics on, I have never done it. It seems to me years ago I read that you spray windex on first that way the sticker can be moved around a little before it gets permenite???

Steve

Is there a trick to putting graphics on, I have never done it. It seems to me years ago I read that you spray windex on first that way the sticker can be moved around a little before it gets permenite???

Steve

I like to use the DeCal Worcs Application kit. It has 3 steps to it, the 1st step that you spray on kinda of etches the plastic which helps the decal adhere better. I think the kit costs around 20.00.

1) lightly clean any remaning residue/grease/oils from the plastics with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner (only where you want to put the decals) cause it dulls the plastic slightly** but preps for good adhesion

2) put a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle and top off with water

3) spray the back of the decal and the plastic its goin on with the soap solution, then position the decal

4) startin from the center out, begin to rub out the remaining moisture using a heat gun/hair dryer to help remove moisture and soften the decal for cuves, etc.

5) moisture stays under the decal for up to 4 days, but i assure you is seeps out. the best thing to do is let the adhesive 'cure' for AT LEAST 48 hours before you ride on it.

** 303 Aerospace Protectant will reshine the plastic as well as keep a 100% UV blocking film on all the fragile parts. i use it all over my bikes and cars and it is by far, the best for fighting dry rot and UV damage.

Use windex, or another alcohol based window cleaner. The alcohol causes it to evaporate a lot quicker than soap and water. You will still have plenty of time to heat and work the graphics. I have used both and recomend the windex.

I have the flu designs mdk kit n my 06 and it has held up great. No problems with the seat cover either.

Thanks for the review of the graphics and hints on putting them on.

Ordered the kit off eBay for my 2000 426. Should give it a decent facelift.

1)

** 303 Aerospace Protectant will reshine the plastic as well as keep a 100% UV blocking film on all the fragile parts. i use it all over my bikes and cars and it is by far, the best for fighting dry rot and UV damage.

Where can I purchase this stuff at? I would like to give it a try.