HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

Wrecked my bike!

12 posts in this topic

Wrecked my bike, bent radiator and bars! I posted the bent radiator thread and appreciate all of the responses. I did want to say that I wrecked my bike first moto on first lap! Hatin it. The point is the only bars that they had at the track were Pro Taper Carmichael Bend. I bought them and put them on and they really felt different after riding the whole time on the 5xc low bend, that comes stock on the bike. I love this bar on the 08 YZ450f. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and they seem to fit me better. I continued the bike in moto 2,3,4 and by moto 4 liked them better as my riding got more fliud. Pro Taper Carmichael Bend on the 08YZ450F is my recommendation!:busted:

You should try the windam bend in Pro Tapers, they are a good bar for people like us, over 6 foot. But my favorite bar of all time is the Renthal 971's, I wish Pro Taper made a bar exactly the same as the 971 because I like Pro Tapers better.

i used to go with renthal bars but i bought a stock bike that had those bars on and i ordered a set of renthal twinwalls and rode the bike with the protapers on for the break in...i loved it with those bars. sold the renthals and i use pro tapers now.

You should try the windam bend in Pro Tapers, they are a good bar for people like us, over 6 foot. But my favorite bar of all time is the Renthal 971's, I wish Pro Taper made a bar exactly the same as the 971 because I like Pro Tapers better.

971 is the Carmicheal bend and also stock Honda. I believe it is the same as the Windham bend also.

are any of you tall guys spacers to raise your bar height ,I heard it helps when standing up? I rode a ktm 450 with a stabilizer mounted up and it raised the bars an inch or so and totally felt different!

971 is the Carmicheal bend and also stock Honda. I believe it is the same as the Windham bend also.

The windam bend is wider so it makes the bars feel more swept back, I like the 971's much better.

The width and sweep of the Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Windham (54 vs. 55 mm sweep), but as you may have noticed, Kevin is a good deal taller. The Carmichael are 77 mm tall (or short), while the Windhams are 99 mm tall.

The width and sweep of the Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Windham (54 vs. 55 mm sweep), but as you may have noticed, Kevin is a good deal taller. The Carmichael are 77 mm tall (or short), while the Windhams are 99 mm tall.

So the carmichael bend in pro tapers is the same as 971 in renthals?

Renthal lists two 7/8 bars as "971", the 971-02 and the 971-08. Both these are similar to the PT Carmichael. I don't pay much attention to Renthal bars, though, so I don't know if that's what you mean or not.

Renthal lists two 7/8 bars as "971", the 971-02 and the 971-08. Both these are similar to the PT Carmichael. I don't pay much attention to Renthal bars, though, so I don't know if that's what you mean or not.

Ok, I like pro taper bars better because I think there stronger, but I like the 971 renthals because they are my favorite bend bars. I will get the carmichaels in pro tapers now, thank you.

Wrecked my bike, bent radiator and bars! I posted the bent radiator thread and appreciate all of the responses. I did want to say that I wrecked my bike first moto on first lap! Hatin it. The point is the only bars that they had at the track were Pro Taper Carmichael Bend. I bought them and put them on and they really felt different after riding the whole time on the 5xc low bend, that comes stock on the bike. I love this bar on the 08 YZ450f. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and they seem to fit me better. I continued the bike in moto 2,3,4 and by moto 4 liked them better as my riding got more fliud. Pro Taper Carmichael Bend on the 08YZ450F is my recommendation!:busted:

You should try the Henry/Reed bend. Thats what i recommend for the 08. Those carmichael bend are good on a super motard though.they are real wide and flat.