started mocking up my USD for 650L

Hey guys I am currently in the process of puting a 04crf 450 front end on my 2003 XRL (streetfighter). So far the list includes ebay fork legs $200, motomaster rotor friend gave me, crf front wheel friend gave me, universal top triple clamp friend gave me, universal bottom triple clamp from universal $40 bucks, brembo front master cyl. lying around the shop, Protaper cr bars. New crf 450 front caliper. Was thinking of putting on this aprillia wind screen on with maybe two 4 inch fuegos for lighting. What do you guys think about a lighting option that will work with my oil cooler and the windscreen. I will be fabing up a frame to go around the lighting and cooler. 17 inch excells will be coming soon. and possibly a digitron gauge for RPM, Speed, CHT and EGT. I used the digitron on my go karts and they worked good.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=53902

another picture.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=53901

one more picture.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=53903

That looks awesome! I can't wait for the pics when it's all finished.:busted:

Nice cooler and Where is that front brake cylinder from? Looks almost machined AL?

what cooler is that? i like the way the lines come out the back rather than the top/bottom like the setrab

::edit:: not my bike in the pic btw

through years of Indycar racing and many other projects plus Dan making a custom bike since the 70's we have so much cooool things in our rafters and containers the ideas are endless. I just look around and see the remains of different projects and ask if I could have them. I will try to get a manufacture of the cooler in a little bit but I doubt I will find out. We have containers of intercoolers, trans coolers oil coolers, radators and so on.

the front brake master is a brembo probably from the late 90's un used I have to check the bore to see what size it is but it was bought for street or race use so it ran dual calipers.

through years of Indycar racing and many other projects plus Dan making a custom bike since the 70's we have so much cooool things in our rafters and containers the ideas are endless. I just look around and see the remains of different projects and ask if I could have them. I will try to get a manufacture of the cooler in a little bit but I doubt I will find out. We have containers of intercoolers, trans coolers oil coolers, radators and so on.

Stepho, buddy....pal....friend....one I have always admired and respected.....

BP

stepho you're right - my setrab uses XRP lines which is what factory Honda used on the 90s models XR600

Here is the gauge that I am using since the gauge cluster is not worth the fabrication to install it. Its by Digatron. I used these gauges when I raced Karts. They have two screens. On the first setting you can view rpm and speed. Hit the button and you then can view EGT and Cyl head. It has a maximum recall on it as well. It is backlit turquoise at night. I put it next to something familiar so you guys can judge the size of it. it runs off 4 AA batteries for quite some time.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=53947