target rider weight for yz 450

Does anyone know what weight they target the bike for? I have an 07 yz 450 and want to send the suspension out. My weight is 165 plus 17 pounds for gear so I'm around 182. Every time I try the spring calculators it shows I need softer ones.

I weigh 170 to 175lbs. depending on if I worked out that day but any way>>>> I had my 06 450f revalved last year and it does great!! I didnt have to have stiffer springs on the forks or rear shock. I just try to maintain the same weight Iam now to save money. Its cheaper to run and exercise than to gain to much weight and buy stiffer springs.

IMO I would keep the springs that are on it (forks and shock) But as for who to get to do it is another question. I had Litz racing to do mine and they have a website but the reason I got litz to do it is because they come to all the tracks where I race and if something is wrong with the way it feels they are there to help. They are located in blountville TN. off of interstate 81 tricity airport exit.

Grayracer513 and Kaptainknobby, thanks for taking the time to help.Thinking I will try the softer srpings. Also I will ask Jermey at Mx-tech what he suggests. The funny thing is I thought it would be good to send my suspension out when the tracks were shut down for the winter. Now in hindsight I think it would have been better to do it when I was riding the bike every week. I can't remember really anything poor with the stock stuff. I would run the rebound pretty close out around 15 or 16 and the compression was around 5-6 front and back. Also the bike felt better of the face of jumps and more control wit little sag at 90-95 ,100-110 area felt to loose and out of control. I have had some local guy's do my suspension before and really came ahead better with the stock.

...I will ask Jermey at Mx-tech what he suggests. ... Also the bike felt better of the face of jumps and more control wit little sag at 90-95 ,100-110 area felt to loose and out of control. I have had some local guy's do my suspension before and really came ahead better with the stock.
Asking Mr. Wilkey is a good idea. As far as your "local guys" go, there are any number of "suspension experts" around. Just ask them if you don't believe it. But it would be very unusual for there to be a bike that could not be improved for almost any rider by someone who really knows what he's doing.

The late YZF's are quite sensitive to sag adjustments, and steer noticeably better at 95 than they do at 100.

• 2 weeks later...