HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fletch 2

WR400F valve clearance tolerances.

7 posts in this topic

Hullo,

could someone please give me the valve clearance tolerances for the 2000 model WR400, i dont have the yamaha manual to look these up so any help would be great.

Cheers,

Fletch.

'00 WR400F clearances for cold engine. Intake: .02mm (.0059-.0079") Exhaust : .03mm (.0098-.0118"). If you are going to do a valve adjust, I strongly recommend that you get hold of a service manual, otherwise you are working in the dark.

The metric portion of the below quote is NOT right; however, the english part is correct:

'00 WR400F clearances for cold engine. Intake: .02mm (.0059-.0079") Exhaust : .03mm (.0098-.0118"). If you are going to do a valve adjust, I strongly recommend that you get hold of a service manual, otherwise you are working in the dark.

This is the correct metric spec:thumbsup:

Intake:0.15-0.20mm

Exhaust:0.25-0.30mm

Intake:0.15-0.20mm

Exhaust :0.25-0.30mm

Creeky - good call I think your imperial ones are good, but the metric are a couple of decimals off, they don't even make shims to those tolerances

You are absolutely correct MATT4x4 and SXP, don't know how that extra zero got in there, senior moment I guess. Aplogies to all.