Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

Bent radiator

20 posts in this topic

Just wiped out this weekend and bent the radiator all up. Just wanting some recommendations on some radiators. I heard for about 100 dollars more you can get a new set of PWR, or fluidynd's, over one stock. What do you think. Wes

Are you sure that it is not repairable? I've seen radiator guys do some pretty amazing work.

I just bought a set of Fluidyne radiators for $450. I looked at stock radiators but new they were $300 a piece. I think you would be better off to try to find some good used radiators though.

Well, the one I sent in for my 250F a coupl od years ago looked like this one when I sent it in. 4 days after I sent it out, it was back. You had to look to see that it had been repaired, and it cost me $70. And it was guaranteed. I don't think you can beat that.

3b.jpg

Another vote for Mylers. I don't have pics, but my son taco's his left radiator, complete with a pretty bad leak, and Myler's fixed it up good as new for 40 buckaroos...and turned it around in a day. They are amazing.

Would any reputable radiator shop be able to straighten them? Mines bent, but not bent enough to where I want to have to send it out.

I think you would be better off to try to find some good used radiators though.

Is that because you felt that the fluidynes aren't worth it?:busted:

Let me ask, In many of the pictures, it is amazing the difference! Has anyone had an overheating issue, because in many of the pictures it looks as if the fins are still crumpled. I would be concerned with enough air flow.:busted:

Let me ask, In many of the pictures, it is amazing the difference! Has anyone had an overheating issue, because in many of the pictures it looks as if the fins are still crumpled. I would be concerned with enough air flow.:worthy:

If you were worried about it, you could always takes a flat head screw driver and bent them back :busted:

Mine ran fine after I got it back. No heating issues at all.

Sounds good, Mine doesn't leak, and is not too bad. I will give them a try and post pics. Thanks:thumbsup: :busted::worthy::ride:

Would any reputable radiator shop be able to straighten them? Mines bent, but not bent enough to where I want to have to send it out.

I would think so but ideally they will have experience with bike radiators. There is a shop near me that sponsors a flat tracker and is very good with mangled bike radiators.

im going to remeber this. Myler's looks and sound like they do awesome work with trashed radiators:busted:

I had my right side rad sent to mylers and they had to patch a hole in it that was caused by a handle bar or lever coming in contact with it during a race when about five of us went down around the first turn and it has been fine ever since no leaking or over heating

Mylers is beyond incredible when it comes to their work and customer service. Very informative people and very friendly and easy to deal with. I just about ripped the bottom of my radiator off in a crash and bent the rest of it up pretty good. I wish I had pictures of it becuase the thing was an absolute mess. I called Mylers and told them of my problem and they advised me that they could fix it, and if not, they wouldn't charge me...so I figured I had nothing to lose. It took them about a week to get it back to me here in DE and all the while I figured there was no way it could be fixed. When I got it back the thing looked amazing. All the seems were double welded to provide more strength and they even fixed all the flattened fins for me. The thing looked brand new but beefier. To top it off....they only charged me $60, you won't find a better deal anywhere.

its not as bad as some of the others, but id vouch for mylers for sure....

before: (obviously its the right RAD)

219691686-M.jpg

after:

219691727-M.jpg

when i asked them about straightening the fins, they told me they dont do it cause 1) you can do it on your own, 2) its not worth them charging for the time it would take

from now on, theyve got my business.......repaired mine AND welded and was only $50 with a 1 day turn-around.