HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haggeo

unabiker rad guards with oil sight tube?

5 posts in this topic

just got a set of unabiker rad guards from the TT store and wondering if anyone has put these on a XRR with the oil sight tube? at first glance it does not seem like they will fit but i can't try because i have to leave for work soon. anybody have any recommendations for a rad guard that does not wrap around like the unabiker does? devol , works connection , MSR any good?

I have a set of Unabiker guards and an oil sight tube on my 650R. No fitment issues or problems whatsoever.

do you have pictures of the install? the oils sight tube is a problem on the right and the exhaust header on the left.

248630461-L.jpg

here you can see the gap created by the oil sight tube.

248630598-L.jpg

it's kind of hard to see from this perspective but the rad guard comes through the far side and hits the header before the mounting hole lines up.

248631062-L.jpg

i could cut a slot for the oil sight tube but the header side would require cutting a couple of the holes for the reinforcing rods.

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a full Pro Circuit system on my bike and the header on the left side was right where the lower brace needed to go. I ended up making this little bracket to replace the tubular brace.

unabiker_08.jpg

unabiker_09.jpg

Sorry, looking at these pictures I just realized that I installed my oil sight tube AFTER I'd installed the Unabiker guards. I'd have to go out and take a look to see where and how I installed the fittings and routed the line.

unabiker_14.jpg