Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ltrosson

Honest answers

7 posts in this topic

I have always ridden yz's, and my conering sucks, I know it is the rider. My last is an 06, how much better is the cornering of the 08. It is time to buy an 08, and I still lean towards yz, but am considering a kx. How about your honest opinions of the 08 yz. I do not have a problem replacing the stock pipe.

Sure Ill throw some honesty out there. I had an '02 426 and an '04 yz450. I raced novice hare scarambles off and on. I too have always sucked at turning a YZF. And yes being a Novice on a big bike dosent help.My friend bought an 03' CRF450r, when I rode it, I turned so well on it I was shocked and pissed off. I didnt dare tell my friend, cuz Im a Yamaha guy. :busted: There are little things you can do to help the YZF's turning, and the newer '08s may be much better I dont know. But I can tell you the Honda was night and day with the turning. It felt like you could turn stop to stop and never push or washout. Due to their constant valve issues I wont ever own one, but thats my opinion......:cool: And now im saving for an '07 WR450 cuz I love the Yama reliability, just not sure they can match big reds turning for less experienced riders. :applause:

there are things you can do to your 06 to make it turn better. such as the radiator lowering kit. and the 27mm triple clamps. of course the 08 is a lot better. suspension plays a little when cornering too you can also adjust your suspension as needed.

I have always ridden yz's, and my conering sucks, I know it is the rider. My last is an 06, how much better is the cornering of the 08. It is time to buy an 08, and I still lean towards yz, but am considering a kx. How about your honest opinions of the 08 yz. I do not have a problem replacing the stock pipe.

Well I'll have to tell you from first hand experience, that the 08 is ten times better than the 06. I sold my 06 to a friend that rides with me. Well I bought my 08 and one day we were riding. I let my buddy ride my bike, the 08, and he was riding it. He stalled it in the corner and he couldn't get it started. I ended up riding my old 06 down the track to him. As soon as I got on my 06, I could feel the difference, When I rode the bike down to him to be quite honest the bike felt like a tank compared to my 08. The 08 is much much much better than the 06. As far as the pipe. The bike still runs great. I did put on a Dr.D on and it made a huge difference. The picture of my bike is in my garage.

there are things you can do to your 06 to make it turn better. such as the radiator lowering kit. and the 27mm triple clamps. of course the 08 is a lot better. suspension plays a little when cornering too you can also adjust your suspension as needed.

you mean 24mm

you mean 24mm
Maybe. 24's work better on the '06 450, but blind testing found that 27's work on the '06 YZ250F. Jake may have one of those.

Thanks for the input, I have always been 100 % satisfied with the reliability, just the cornering, and I know it's me. I am really mixed about switching. again thanks for the help