Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmbasa

2 Master Links?

14 posts in this topic

Sounds good to me, thanks for the speedy replies.

I would like the extra link to be a rivit link though.

I just bought the motion pro rivet tool and want to rivet my master link. Does the new rivet have to be a special type pin for this application or can an old one be used that has been pressed out? I believe that a new one (special kind I don't know). I don't think you can just rivet the master link? I have a Regina orn6 chain.

+1

Also a tip from roadracing, use silicone sealer and coat the clip and use safety wire to keep the clip from working its way off.

+1

Also a tip from roadracing, use silicone sealer and coat the clip and use safety wire to keep the clip from working its way off.

What guage wire?

I just bought the motion pro rivet tool and want to rivet my master link. Does the new rivet have to be a special type pin for this application or can an old one be used that has been pressed out? I believe that a new one (special kind I don't know). I don't think you can just rivet the master link? I have a Regina orn6 chain.
The master link must be of a type originally intended to be riveted. You cannot rivet a clip type because the ends of the pins are hardened. Furthermore, the master link must precisely fit the chain it's used on.

The rivet type master link for an ORS6 may fit. The TT store lists them if you can't find them elsewhere.

I will say that the clip type master on the ORN6 is an exceptionally strong, impeccably reliable piece when correctly installed, and I would not hesitate to use two of them on my own bike.

You can run them next to each other or with some links in between.

If you are using the proper link and installing them correctly, you won't have a problem.

Can you run the two masterlinks next to each other, or should they be spread apart?
Mine were right next to each other for over two years.