Best bars for 07' Piggy.

Bought one of the last ones available. I have ridden it twice and have fallen in love with it. Made her able to breathe correctly and have given her adequate fuel. 125 to new needle and 172 amazing. Torquey and controlably fast. Bars seem to have a low feeling though. What is the best set up? Thanks in advance...

Hey on that bar riser, do you need to replace the stock throttle, clutch cables? I am 6'5" also and have been looking at doing the very same thing- I am glad that you are able to stand up no problem because I gotta tell ya- when I go to the desert (especially Plaster City) and hit that one road to the west of PC that borders painted gorge- after awhile of being huntched over hammering those massive whoops, I am ready to hit the Chiropractor (Dr.Friday actually- I am a frequent patient LOL).:cool:

ryontd, should not need new cables. Although when I still had the stock bar clamped to the T-clamp, I installed an FCR carb. That came with new Motion Pro cables. I dont THINK they were any longer. The only difference were the cable ends. I also didn't have issues with the stock clutch cable when I aded the risers.

Like I said, the height, and especially being able to pivot the bars forward was a BIG help.

I forgot to mention that I already put new bars on (Answer CR HIGH bend). Ahh, what ever, I'll get the riser and if I need new cables- so be it! Do you have any idea where i might find longer cables with housings?

Thanks, Ryon

Bought one of the last ones available. I have ridden it twice and have fallen in love with it. Made her able to breathe correctly and have given her adequate fuel. 125 to new needle and 172 amazing. Torquey and controlably fast. Bars seem to have a low feeling though. What is the best set up? Thanks in advance...

creo if you dont have a bend of bars that you already know that you like then you should prolly get to a shop and pick up a few sets to feel for yourself what you like. If you know what you want as far as sweep and height from stock then that will help also. Me personally i know i put CR high bend and im set, been using those for 15 years so i know what fits me. How tall are you?

I forgot to mention that I already put new bars on (Answer CR HIGH bend). Ahh, what ever, I'll get the riser and if I need new cables- so be it! Do you have any idea where i might find longer cables with housings?

Thanks, Ryon

Yes, in TT store...

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Handlebars_Pegs_Controls_s/908.htm

FIRST time ive seen those risers you stole from me that morning, Remember? I usually hit the forums when i got to work around 7am and for some reason that day i got on around 10am and you STOLE em from me. Those are trick, Like the inginuity. Not sure if thell make it big as how they mount.

FIRST time ive seen those risers you stole from me that morning, Remember? I usually hit the forums when i got to work around 7am and for some reason that day i got on around 10am and you STOLE em from me. Those are trick, Like the inginuity. Not sure if thell make it big as how they mount.

Ya, I remember!lol. Should have gotten up a bit earlier ! I kinda wasnt sure when I mounted also, but they are a SOLID mount. Very firm, no flex.