HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zrt1

Mikuni pumper or Eddelbrock? 650R

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experiance with both on the same bike. Ive heard good and bad on both. Ive got a stage 2 cam, opened air box, JE 11:1 piston, full exhaust and am looking to buy a pumper carb. Thanks..

I had a Mikuni TM40 on my R for years. Nice upgrade from stock.I have a Keihin FCR41 now. The Keihin stays on:worthy: ... and the Mikuni is sold.:cool:

Crisper jetting ,way more over rev.

I had a Mikuni TM40 on my R for years. Nice upgrade from stock.I have a Keihin FCR41 now. The Keihin stays on:worthy: ... and the Mikuni is sold.:cool:

Crisper jetting ,way more over rev.

What all did you have to do to get the FCR to fit? Did you notice a significant top end gain? thanks..

What all did you have to do to get the FCR to fit? Did you notice a significant top end gain? thanks..

I bought it second hand with very low riding time on it.It came from a competition monobike (roadrace) 650R. It's from Sudco ,I think...So no fitting problems,just have to make a custom cable. I have a Monnier gas tank ,so no mods needed there. It's a FCR "racing" not a MX model. MX models also fit with some fiddling

And yep ,wayyy more overrev than the Mikuni. The next step is bore it out to 42.5 /43mm (oval) with a 680 kit.:cool:

One thing to consider. I love my edelbrock , but it is on my 650L. On the L you can adjust the carb on the fly like it was intended. On the R you have to remove the tank to adjust, wich kind of kills the easy adjustment factor. With the eddie you still have to get it dialed in, wich takes some patients. If I had to set and forget, I would go for the most performance.