still haven't checked valves on 07

Okay, I'm slacking....or so I'm told. I've rode my bike pretty regularly since May. I've done a handful of races (12+) and am running practice two sometimes 3 days a week. I change the oil all the time with Maxima Maxum4. HOWEVER, i still haven't checked the valves. Is this BAD?:cool: It's starts extremely easy still....cold or hot. Am I being mean to my bike?!?

my valves on my 07 havnt moved since i bought it.. A year ago on the 7th. but in that time i have checked them twice. if the bike starts first-2nd kick you really dont have much to worry about but you should still check them to make sure things are in order.. might want to change that timing chain while your in there since you have so many races on it..

josh

my 05 YZF450 starts first kick literally and is easier to kickstart than my 15 hour old 07 CRF450. I am worse than you as, I haven't checked the valves yet either.

Got a feeling I might need to check the CRF though, it was a bear to start this weekend..

Both bikes get fresh oil every 2-4 hours and clean air filters every ride.

my 05 YZF450 starts first kick literally and is easier to kickstart than my 15 hour old 07 CRF450. I am worse than you as, I haven't checked the valves yet either.

Got a feeling I might need to check the CRF though, it was a bear to start this weekend..

Both bikes get fresh oil every 2-4 hours and clean air filters every ride.

I get a kick out of seeing the people at the track trying to get there CRF's started by being pulled by another bike.......Uhhhhh....I think your valves are dished buddy. Hey Berg, keep on top of your CRF maintenance..those things burn oil also. I checked my 06 YZ's valves at 50 hours and at 100 hours..they havent moved.