Can u guys put up with me?

First race on it last weekend was lacluster at best. Good place to start with the clickers but way too soft. Will NOT turn like the CRF!!! What gearing are you guys runnin? I rode it stock and the best part about the stock sprockets is that I know the Estart works well. This cock knuckle pop stalls all the frigin time. On a posetive the free mods did rule!!!! And it is a climbin Sombeotch and pretty stable in the air. I know you dudes love ur WR's and I want to like it as well. Give me some sprocket suggestions Por Favor!:cool:

First race on it last weekend was lacluster at best. Good place to start with the clickers but way too soft. Will NOT turn like the CRF!!! What gearing are you guys runnin? I rode it stock and the best part about the stock sprockets is that I know the Estart works well. This cock knuckle pop stalls all the frigin time. On a posetive the free mods did rule!!!! And it is a climbin Sombeotch and pretty stable in the air. I know you dudes love ur WR's and I want to like it as well. Give me some sprocket suggestions Por Favor!:applause:

What kinda of terrain are you riding / racing in?

I run stock gearing and it works for me with everything from tight and technical to more open GP's. I do find it a little tall in the tight woods so I dropped to a 12T countershaft sprocket but it was way to low. If want lower gearing I would suggest a 49 or 48T rear versus dropping a tooth in front.

Re-spring at a minimum with your suspension.

I've raced WR's for years, this year my WR and I won our class championship in an "A" level longcourse offroad series.... keep asking questions, it may take some time to get it where you want it but I think it's a good offroad race bike :cool:

We run around in some pretty technical single track here in the east side of the Rockies and I found that going up 1 tooth on the rear, to a 51 filled the gap in the low end for me anyway. I left the front at 13 teeth as I beleive the 12 tooth sprocket is too hard on the chain if your going for longevity. WR Dave.

We run around in some pretty technical single track here in the east side of the Rockies and I found that going up 1 tooth on the rear, to a 51 filled the gap in the low end for me anyway. I left the front at 13 teeth as I beleive the 12 tooth sprocket is too hard on the chain if your going for longevity. WR Dave.

You know sometimes I tard out :applause: Yes I meant to suggest that increasing the teeth on your rear sprocket by one or two is a better alternative than dropping a tooth on the front.

I think the Pac Northwest is very much on par with the east when it comes to nasty, rocky, rooty, slippery stuff... we kinda pride ourselves on it :cool:

34129344-M-1.jpg

I agree with dave on the gearing suggestion. If it was an 06' or older model I would say lose the 14T C/S for a 13T and you would be set but again I found the 12T to be WAY too low on my 07' and there may be something to Daves comment on chain wear...

I sure wish my ride areas looked like that Don, they do in the summer , but they are fairly deep shade of white right now. WR Dave.

Ahh yes, the white grass effect!

I thought 14/50 was stock (at least for my 02). I went to a 13 in the front for tight stuff and put in a 15 for the street.

'07's are 13/50 stock and I used my 426 at 14/50 and it had a better off the bottom feel. That is why I changed to the 51 rear and it seems to have filled in the weak spot for me. The '07 450 pulls better in the higher RPMs than the 426 , but the 426 was a total tractor down low. WR Dave.