HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hill5150

Rain and Weather

26 posts in this topic

Is killing my intended trip for this weekend, in the Ca. high Dez.........:applause: Can't even surf because it is victory at sea out there..........and the ocean is full of every possible infectant right now.........:cool:

Is killing my intended trip for this weekend, in the Ca. high Dez.........:applause: Can't even surf because it is victory at sea out there..........and the ocean is full of every possible infectant right now.........:cool:

That is the report I get from the bros back in SD, bad water quality in general is the norm... and its cold!

Why would you let the rain and weather stop you from riding?

Our dez does need rain, the riding has been all time for our first rains, but it is saturated now, and mudflogging is lame......Camping in the rain sux, who wants to sit in their toybox out in the dez, you can't light a fire in there..............:cool:

truly - my buddy and I ride in the rain and 40ish... sometimes colder!

I've ridden in 12 degrees before, the bike ran like a raped date, but you could not feel your fingers, or face after 70 miles in fifth........we are spoiled out here in Cali I suppose............:cool:

Cold & rainy in Houston, TX as well. I think I am going to mix the 2 things I love the best-Hunting & Riding. Hogs love this weather. I may have to saddle up on my trusty steed with my 270 strapped to my back and head out into the wilderness.

I know it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle on the roadway-but what will the game warden think about pursuing a pig, ON a pig, with my rifle resting on the cross-bar?

I've been keeping an eye on the Johnson Valley area all week and it's been 90% dry to the best of my knowledge. It always seems to be NOT raining there when it's raining in the LA area. What's with that!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/pets/local/USCA1197?from=search_city

Cold & rainy in Houston, TX as well. I think I am going to mix the 2 things I love the best-Hunting & Riding. Hogs love this weather. I may have to saddle up on my trusty steed with my 270 strapped to my back and head out into the wilderness.

I know it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle on the roadway-but what will the game warden think about pursuing a pig, ON a pig, with my rifle resting on the cross-bar?

Oh man I'm with you 100% !!!

I've been thinking of a way to mount a scabboard for my 870, and a skykennel on the back for my G.Shorthair!! Go out and kill some chukar!!

enough boy scout juice (gas) and you can start a fire no matter what the conditions. Strike a match and toss it and WHOOMPHF! insta fire.

It was 14 degrees when I left for work this morning... the bike stayed in the garage.

We have a 150 mile ride planed tomorrow, staging at Peggy Sue's Dinner. With a pair of Frogg Toggs , warm water proof gloves and thurmals, that should drive the rain away. Wet desert just doesn't get any better.

We have a 150 mile ride planed tomorrow, staging at Peggy Sue's Dinner. With a pair of Frogg Toggs , warm water proof gloves and thurmals, that should drive the rain away. Wet desert just doesn't get any better.

Peggy sues? out the 15?

From what I have seen, the rain here in the high-dez has been light, except the north side of the SB and LA mountains. North of Hesperia it has been light. Now that I have said that, it should pour down like crazy all weekend!?!

From what I have seen, the rain here in the high-dez has been light, except the north side of the SB and LA mountains. North of Hesperia it has been light. Now that I have said that, it should pour down like crazy all weekend!?!

For what lack of rain there is in the high desert at this typing, it looks like a very good day to ride there......

i talked to my buddy in morongo valley yesterday and he said it was snowing on the mountains around him, but sunny where he was at.

20 deg. this morn. on my way to work. 3 layers of clothes and no prob! Love that cold brisk air. Just need to find something to keep my goggles from fogging.