WR450F Extended Range Fuel Tanks

I have a newly aquired '05 WR450F. I'm looking at replacing the fuel tank to extend the range for High Country exploring. I have found a few offerings and would like to see what anyone has experienced with their aftermarket tanks.

Acerbis - 3.3-gal + needs YZ shrouds

Acerbis - 6.6-gal

Clark - 2.8-gal + needs YZ shrouds

IMS - 3.1-gal tank + needs YZ shrouds

RV Aqualine - 4.1-gal

RV Aqualine - 7.9-gal (WOW!!!)

I'm not really interested in Aux tanks (side number plates, rear fender tanks, etc.). I'd like to run about 4-gallons, but RV Aqualine's tank is pretty pricey compared to Acerbis' 6.6-gal tank.

Has anyone any other suggestions?

Has anyone had any handling issues (or any other issues for that matter) with the 6.6-gal tank from Acerbis?

Cheers

You don't need YZ shrouds if you have an '05, they're the same...SC

MY BIKE....TANK JUST FINE.

DSC01086.jpg

You don't need YZ shrouds if you have an '05, they're the same...SC

So that means that if you have an 03 with YZ shrouds to fit the Acerbis the stickers for the 05 WR will fit the 03? I would like the factory WR stickers on my YZ shrouds...

Sorry for the threadjack, I have the 3.3 gallon Acerbis and like it just fine. I especially like that it's clear so I know how much fuel I have left.

MY BIKE....TANK JUST FINE.

So what kind of mileage are you getting out of that 3.3? I understand it's set up for racing (and looks like fun!), but I just want to get a feeling. I'll be trail riding, al beit spirited. :cool:

Cheers

So what kind of mileage are you getting out of that 3.3? I understand it's set up for racing (and looks like fun!), but I just want to get a feeling. I'll be trail riding, al beit spirited. :cool:

Cheers

Isn't that the 6.6 gallon tank he has?

So that means that if you have an 03 with YZ shrouds to fit the Acerbis the stickers for the 05 WR will fit the 03? I would like the factory WR stickers on my YZ shrouds...

Nope, '03 plastic is different. The '05/'06 is the only generation 450 that shared the same shrouds with the YZ, but only the '04/'05 YZ. And that is a 6.6 gal Acerbis tank...SC

I Get 12.5 Kms Per Liter.....sorry, I Know...metric.

Greetings

Blackdog lets see a picture of you're components.

COCKPIT:

DSC01088.jpg