HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whyzee429

Rotors turning colors

5 posts in this topic

my rotors are no longer "silver" on my 07 450. They are turning rainbow colors. Obviously, these are from heat, but should I worry? Stopping power seems fine and the pads aren't really worn down. Also, they are still straight, not warped.

my rotors are no longer "silver" on my 07 450. They are turning rainbow colors. Obviously, these are from heat, but should I worry? Stopping power seems fine and the pads aren't really worn down. Also, they are still straight, not warped.

If they are working okay, then don't worry. :cool:

normal for the rotors to turn color. it indicates that your using the brake(s) pretty hard or (hopefully they're not) contaminated with oil or some other substance. you did say the brakes work fine so this may not be an issue.

as mentioned above, check to see if they are not dragging. just to be sure. but i would suspect if the brakes were dragging to the degree of discoloring the rotors, you would feel it.