yzf sticker kit fit wrf?

yup, minor trimming see below:

The black line is where it's supposed to wrap the YZF tank edge, the red line was the original shape of the tank graphic, you can see how i trimmed it to give a clean look - rad shroud fits like a glove without any changes.

DCFC0021-YZF-1.jpg

also whats the best way to put them on? Ive had a little trouble with stickers in the past getting them in the right spot without bubbling them etc.

Check out Decal Works website http://www.decalmx.com/index2.ihtml. Had a similar question and was directed here. These folks do it all. Your guys at the shop are limited with the catalog selections. Decal works will print whatever you want for your bike specifically. Think they even offer an installatin kit that probably gives instructions for proper mounting:thumbsup:

I find that it's still best to use the tried and true Windex method.

Basically, trim the decal as you want it, clean the tank/plastic really well, peel the protective paper off the sticker, either soak the sticker back or the plastic with windex and place it on to the surface, I usually try to line up a mounting hole first, then work my way along through the center of the sticker while trying to get the other holes lines up - all this is done while you're heating the sticker with a heatgun so it is able to form to the contours of the plastic.

The windex allows for you to get an airpocket free sticker that is dead on where it needs to be, the heat from the heatgun will allow you to pull/stretch any portions that need to adjust etc.

After applying the stickers, give it 2-3 days over a radiator outlet or in direct sunlight to help the glue cure up.

With the tank, I find it helps to heat it up a couple of times during the curing time to help the glue attach itself the best.

However, an FYI - the tank stickers WILL lift at the air slits/holes - there is nothing you can do about it (yet) - this is due to the tank breathing off Gas fumes THROUGH the plastic skin.

Factory stickers have 3 months or more of curing on a CLEAN tank that does not already contain fuel fumes in the plastic, so the sticker lasts longer and sometimes doesn't even lift.

The only ting I can see that may help with keeping the tank sticker from lifting over time is to remove the glue off the back, and reattach it using

vinyl tech 2000

or phenoseal vinyl adhesive caulk or another phenoseal product called "does it all" - these products are SUPPOSED to be gasoline proof, but I have yet to try them - I've only gotten as far as researching what may be a better adhesive over the typical 3m stuff used by the manufacturers of the stickers - the 3m stuff melts from the gas fumes, making it soft and allowing it to lift

yup, minor trimming see below:

The black line is where it's supposed to wrap the YZF tank edge, the red line was the original shape of the tank graphic, you can see how i trimmed it to give a clean look - rad shroud fits like a glove without any changes.

DCFC0021-YZF-1.jpg

You mean I've been riding around with the Yellowed Stock decals for 2-1/2 years and I could have stuck some YZF decals on it... Thank-you Matt4x4 for the answering soco3594's question... I'm looking on Fleabay as we speak!!!

I saw that in the catalogue actually. I think I will eventually get a set of those I was just getting impatient and not sure if they were available in Aus yet (shipping would be 45 US from the states), so went with a set off ebay. I think I may be changing sooner rather than later though your bike looks awesome. Ill post a pic of mine when I get the stickers on and see how it looks