08 akrapovic?

I ordered pu pn 18200664 so it when it gets here Im gonna see how it fits on the bike and if its long like that I will do some custom fabrication and tig something up off the photos I have seen of the works bikes. I will do some dyno testing too to see what kind of gains or losses are associated with the mods I do to the pipe.

Nick

I will make one. I doubt that you will lose power or gain too much sound from shortening the muffler. I think they make them longer so it will take the packing longer to blow out. If you notice, all pro circuit pipes are the same also. RV's and all the 250Fs, even the 450 from honda and suzuki PC pipes are fatter, yet shorter.

Looks like I can just drill the rivets, shorten it, shove it full of packing and re rivet the carbon muffler cap to the Ti. Well see. I will do dyno and ride and sound reports with long pipe short pipe vs stock pipe.

I will make one. I doubt that you will lose power or gain too much sound from shortening the muffler. I think they make them longer so it will take the packing longer to blow out. If you notice, all pro circuit pipes are the same also. RV's and all the 250Fs, even the 450 from honda and suzuki PC pipes are fatter, yet shorter.

Looks like I can just drill the rivets, shorten it, shove it full of packing and re rivet the carbon muffler cap to the Ti. Well see. I will do dyno and ride and sound reports with long pipe short pipe vs stock pipe.

well not to be negative - but the header length and diameter are a huge part of the equation.....just chopping length off the end will not buy much if anything, and may actually lose power

Its more for looks so it wont hang out the back. Thats why I am doing dyno tests to show the difference, if any. I have looked at the pipes on the works bikes, they are very very similar to the off the shelf version from akro, only the muffler is shorter. And undoubtedly I will gain power over a stock 08 system with a stock or modded akro system. Im not trying to gain power by cutting up the system, Im going for this....

reed3.jpg

You have to remember that the factory teams are not running the same engine as you are though. They are running different compression, porting, cam profiles, and ignition mapping. That pipe was designed for their bikes, not yours. You will most likely just add noise.

If theres one thing the internet is good for, its speculation LOL. You ppl kill me. Im not interested in creating more noise, besides akros are known for being nice and quiet. And like I said 12 times, I will do back to back dyno tests, so we will see. Im not one to put up with a loss of functionality to have some good looks. This is a dirtbike, a purpose built machine, and my goal is to improve upon that. But thanks again, for your speculation :cool: