HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brutus68

Wheel question

2 posts in this topic

What do you guys suggest for getting a second set of wheels (rims, spokes and carriers)? I want to get a second set of wheels so I can have a quick switch set of DS tires. I found that my WR has a 19 inch rear rim which is completely incompatible with any DS tire that has street use. So at a minimum I need a rear wheel.

Oh and the bonus is that the bike came with four new rear knobbies so I am definitely not getting rid of that for the strictly dirt stuff.

I changed out the rims and spokes on my 05. Just posted them in the classifieds. So if you want to spend the money on some more hubs ($115 for the rear and 2-something for the front since its machined for the ODO??) you can get these for 90 bucks. Check the yamaha website parts catalog and you should see that the hubs are identical for the 03 and 05.