HRC Individual Part No.'s

Thumpy the HRC kit is a good thing but it is way expensive.

I just put in a stage 2 Hot cam decked the head,.matchported and some other crap and it's all good,cost me less than half of the price.

The stage 2 has more lift and duration than the HRC.

The only part i want is the tougher timing chain.

I am not a big big valve fan but if you want top end power ya gotta get the get go,i'm actually doing the HRC chain and going to a set of bigger inlet valves next step.

And why do we need this much power anyway dude?

Me and my buddies do some pretty good climbs over here, and a lot of them have been in the soft sand, and I find my bike pretty tapped out with me on it, a full tank of gas, and in the soft sand doing a climb.

I don't need anymore low-end torque, I just need a little more on the top for the climbs. I always thought higher-comp pistons gave you more torque, but a lot of guys on here have said otherwise.

I was looking at the HRC cam, but thats pretty spendy as well.

I am mostly looking at this to see if I want to go with it for a future rebuild. Just getting some pricing ideas and input now. My other concern w/ the HRC kit and hi-comp piston is that I would have to run race gas, and I really do not want to do that; driving to the gas pump is a wonderful thing...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the HRC puts you at for HP?

http://www.xr-italia.com/foto/tecnica/banco%20prova/diagrammi/coppiacomp-650-hrc+.gif

http://www.xr-italia.com/html/tecnica/tecnica-xr650-provabanco.htm

between 7000 rpm and 7500 rpm: stock engine 43 hp,HRC kitted 51 hp

@ 8200 rpm: stock engine 39 hp,HRC kitted 49 hp ..that's 10 hp :cool:

quote XR-italia :.........." le differenze di potenza maggiori le possiamo trovare oltre i 7.000 giri, infatti a 7.500 passiamo dai 43cv della moto di serie ai quasi 51cv dell'HRC mentre a 8.200 giri andiamo dai 39cv della moto di serie ai 49cv dell'HRC, ben dieci cavalli di differenza.

# Il valore di coppia della moto di serie parte con un valore di 52 Nm raggiungendo il picco di 57 Nm a 5.300 giri, ma iniziando a scendere subito dopo" ......end quote.

• 2 weeks later...