DRD Ti/Ti system

installed a full Dr D Ti/Ti system on my 08' YZ450FX. jetted to Dr D's specs. it fit perfect and looks "factory". took it to the track yesterday, this thing really barks! the bike seems to be more rideable, less clutch work needed to get it moving...

Thanks Dubach Racing! :applause::cool:

Welcome Dr.D YZ!:cool:

jetted to Dr D's specs.

What did Dubach recommend?

#162 mj, stk needle set on 4th clip from the top. my air screw set at 2 turns out.

i'm wondering if going to a #48 sj would help with cold weather starting? n e 1 know?

#162 mj, stk needle set on 4th clip from the top. my air screw set at 2 turns out.

i'm wondering if going to a #48 sj would help with cold weather starting? n e 1 know?

Are you opening the throttle 4-6 times before you start? (Prime Cylinder)?

no. i normally open the choke and kick. monday the temps were in the mid 50's here. tried starting the bike prior to loading my gear. god lord...it took a few kicks before it even sounded like it wanted to light. it would pop and back fire. then i tried blipping the throttle, i just aggrevated the situation.

so i kicked it through the flooded stage(?) until she lite off. got to the track and it started with no problem.

should i be blipping the throttle more? i never used to do this before with my other bikes.

Whats your altitude?

should i be blipping the throttle more? i never used to do this before with my other bikes.

Yes. You'll find that with an '06 or later especially that they do like to be primed. Even more so in the cold.

My procedure is normally to turn the gas on, pull the choke, and twist the throttle about 3-4 nearly full twists. Then I push the engine to the next compression stroke (to get an intake event in, so there's something in the cylinder), then draw back and kick it. If it doesn't start in two, I prime it again (1-3 twists), and that usually does it. It very often starts in one, dead cold, when I use this approach.

Whats your altitude?

about 6 ft. above sea level here. where we usually ride is about 25-33 ft. not much of a change.

i'll try using the priming method next time i go to start my bike. never too old to learn new tricks. thanks for the all the help guy's!

no. i normally open the choke and kick. monday the temps were in the mid 50's here. tried starting the bike prior to loading my gear. god lord...it took a few kicks before it even sounded like it wanted to light. it would pop and back fire. then i tried blipping the throttle, i just aggrevated the situation.

so i kicked it through the flooded stage(?) until she lite off. got to the track and it started with no problem.

Stroker, Prior to starting the bike. Blip the throttle 4-6 times to prime the cylinder. Should crank 1st or second kick. I had a hard time starting mine at first. I open the throttle 3-4 times and will usually crank 1st kick or 2