HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jams229

Gray Wire Switch

3 posts in this topic

For those of you who put a switch on your handlebars in order to control

the gray wire mod with the flip of a switch... (Yes, I know I have to turn off the bike prior to flipping the switch for it to work.)

I spliced the gray wire on the way to the engine and then ran the wires

up to the handlebar , on the clutch side. I am using an "on/off" headlight switch and I figure with the switch in the "on" position, it will run in the WR mode (gray wire plugged in), and with the switch in the "off" position, it will run in the YZ mode (gray wire unplugged.)

My question is this: Does it matter which wire I splice?

Should I be splicing the other side of the wiring bundle (the shorter side that goes to the right of the bundle) that runs to the black box? Or does it matter?

It is damn cold here, so I will not been able to test for a while.

Thanks,

Jim

I put a switch on my WR, stashed it in the corner of the airbox. After one day of having the switch on the bike, I cannot for the life of me, imagine ever not wanting the YZ setting. I think I'll only switch it on when I let someone else ride my bike. LOL, they will think I am a faster rider!