WR muffler on a YZ?

Hi,

I am new to this forum so go easy on me! I have a 03 YZ450f with a standard muffler on it and its much louder than I would like it too be. I can get hold of a 04 WR450 muffler for peanuts. Will it fit and if so will I need to make any jetting adjustments?

I know that the WR muffler is heavy and restrictive but at present I cant afford to pay out for a FMF Q (or similar) UK prices are steep compared to the US around £280 which over $500 USD just for the can!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

Will need the correct slip joint gasket (WR). May well need to go to a smaller main jet after the swap.

get the DBdawg silencer insert

Its only 30 dollars and takes the bite out of the sound. I put one in a YZ silencer on my WR. Im happy with mine

You dont want a WR silencer

get the DBdawg silencer insert

Its only 30 dollars and takes the bite out of the sound. I put one in a YZ silencer on my WR. Im happy with mine

You dont want a WR silencer

He's right, WR muffler will require thinner jets due to less airflow....Less Air => Less Fuel => Less Noise => More Roost:thumbsdn:

Ok cheers for your input guys. I have seen the DBdawg silencer insert advertised but I read a test on a YZ450F and it only lowered the noise by 3db which is not a great deal of difference??? I guess the best way to find out is test one out.