HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyeofth3b3hold3r

Strange Vibration....

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I have a 1995 honda xr650l thats desmogged and the stock pipe is gutted, everything else is stock. My problem is i have some type of vibration when you put the bike in a high gear to run at that current speed to maintain a low engine RPM, when U don't give it much throttle theres no vibration but when you roll on a lot of throttle a rumble kinda happens near my feet and i feel in it the seat. when the bike is just ridden hard up through the gears and in each gear at a high rpm there is no vibration. and the when the bike does vibrate the its not really struggling to pull the bike, it still accellerates and goes fine with the vibration. i'm wondering what is causing this? my bike has 14,500 miles and the tires, chain, and sprockets are all good. i've had crappier bikes do much worse things for thousands of miles, should I worry about this? Thanks!!! and i love my pig. also, i'm painting whats not white on my bike white, and painting the rims black, this should look cool when i'm done!! its a clean bike to start with! thanks for your help everyone!

My problem is i have some type of vibration when you put the bike in a high gear to run at that current speed to maintain a low engine RPM, when U don't give it much throttle theres no vibration but when you roll on a lot of throttle a rumble kinda happens near my feet and i feel in it the seat.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds to me like you might just be "lugging" it. My bike's brand new, and it'll do that if I try to lug it too much. I'm new to the L too, and this bike has a very different feel to the gears than any bike I've had. You can almost do freeway speeds in 3rd gear...

Wlecome to the big bore thumper world!

You may also be lugging it a bit. Just for fun, check all your engine mount bolts, suspension bolts, etc...