Finally took the PLUNGE!

I have been looking to upgrade my 2000 TTR225 for a bigger bike for some time now and today I finally did. I bought a 2001 XR650R and now I cant wait for spring. I pretty much stole the bike from the guy. He was only asking $2000. Everything runs great but looks a little dirty (nothing a little elbow greace and soap cant fix). I'll get pics up ASAP. :applause:

The graphics are in rough condition and I am wondering if I could use the 2002 graphics on the 2001 radiator shrouds. I think you can but I am not sure.

I am ordering the Baja street legal kit really soon too, which is just one of many upgrades to come. Any sweet ideas are welcome because I was planning on spending more money but now I can afford some sweet upgrades for the bike. :cool:

02 stickers will fit, but they might look a little different. as for the baja designs kit, i wouldnt get one, do a search, they arent made very well, and you can make one yourself for much less $$, i think there is even instructions on here somewhere for making one. Mine cost about $50 to make.

congrats.

you did about steal it from him, nice job

gawd damn you did steal it, now ride it like you stole it. LOL

good bye,I wish I could find deals like that.

I have been looking to upgrade my 2000 TTR225 for a bigger bike for some time now and today I finally did. I bought a 2001 XR650R and now I cant wait for spring. I pretty much stole the bike from the guy. He was only asking $2000. Everything runs great but looks a little dirty (nothing a little elbow greace and soap cant fix). I'll get pics up ASAP. :applause:

The graphics are in rough condition and I am wondering if I could use the 2002 graphics on the 2001 radiator shrouds. I think you can but I am not sure.

I am ordering the Baja street legal kit really soon too, which is just one of many upgrades to come. Any sweet ideas are welcome because I was planning on spending more money but now I can afford some sweet upgrades for the bike. :cool:

nsweet_sm.jpg

02 stickers will fit, but they might look a little different. as for the baja designs kit, i wouldnt get one, do a search, they arent made very well, and you can make one yourself for much less $$, i think there is even instructions on here somewhere for making one. Mine cost about $50 to make.

I put the baja kit on mine to pass inspections in CT, it been 100% for 4300 miles of supermoto, and dirt riding. If you are gona buy one, get it from thumpertalk store, i got a full kit, LED turn signals/brake light, and a key ignition for $480.