HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mightymart

Pulling Throttle cable

6 posts in this topic

Amazing I was gone riding tomorrow & here I am at 22mins past midnight trying to fit new handlebars :cool:

I have read about the cables going below the tank bolts but I have checked this & they are above, Is there any reason why I can't turn the throttle grip upside down to give me a little more slack ? the picture below is how it was & want to turn the throttle grip round 180 so the cables would be below ?

Aslo is there a torque setting for the tank bolts ???

Throttlecable.jpg

Is that the stock throttle housing or is it an aftermarket one? It looks like it might be a Motion Pro setup, but it's hard to tell from the pic. When I installed my Eddy I went with a Motion Pro quick turn ratio setup instead of the garbage stock one. I ran my cables behind the bars and then over the top of the engine (between the top engine mount brackets) then straight to the carb. This was the best way I found to keep them totally bind free through the whole turning radius. :busted::cool::applause:

Mine is rotated towards the pilot 90 degrees.

+1

Don't point the top of the throttle up: the cables will snag on stuff, and the throttle will die if you crash on it. And you get less slack.........

The only way I could do it was to turn it 180, if I only turned it 90 it was getting snagged, But to add to misery got it all set up ,handlebars , levers , mirrors, etc, then as i turned hard right it cut out :crazy: The decompresion cable was now stretching , Off come the mirrors & levers , reroute the clutch & decompression cable , At last done ! :prof: But its pitch black out now :cool::applause::busted: