Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bcass77

XR's Only case saver question

8 posts in this topic

First post... question. I just got a new '05 650R and I just installed the XR's Only case saver. The instructions seemed a bit vague and I just want to make sure I did this right.

For those of you who have this case saver, is this how you installed it? I'm not positive I put this washer on the correct side of the engine. It was originally on the right side but it seems like it needs to be on the left side as I have installed it in the picture. I tried installing the case saver, leaving the washer on the right side and it didn't line up to well. Just double checkin. Thanks! Brian

Presentation1.jpg

I had to check mine I did it about 4 yrs. ago and it's the same as yours.

I had to check mine as well, and it is the same as pictured, but as I remember when tightening down the top "cage bolt" it seemed to want to bow in. I believe I placed a couple of small washers inside the resessed area in the back of the Case saver on that top bolt so when it was tightened it would line up better and not bow in. :cool:

I used a thinner washer from a aftermarket hardware kit. The thick washer bends the case saver out slightly on the 2 bikes that I have installed them on.

I used a washer behind the top "cage bolt" as described below and it's perfect now. Thanks!

I had to check mine as well, and it is the same as pictured, but as I remember when tightening down the top "cage bolt" it seemed to want to bow in. I believe I placed a couple of small washers inside the resessed area in the back of the Case saver on that top bolt so when it was tightened it would line up better and not bow in. :cool: