IMS vs CLARK tanks

:cool: I am looking to buy a bigger tank, and I priced both of those brands for a 3.1 gal tank, and the IMS is almost $100.00 more than the the one made buy CLARK, is the IMS that much better quality?? or would I just be wasting moola???

I called IMS today and they quoted me $285.00 over the phone.

from my experience the clarke tanks are great and i have not had any issues with any of my tanks.

they are a different shape than the IMS.

clarke tanks tend to be higher at the gas cap, to get as much volume as they can.

this may lead to a clearance issue if you plan to use a stearing dampner.

check with the manufacturers for compatability.

there is a thread on here talking about some IMS tanks rubbing on the frame and developing a leak.

do a search and see if that issue has been resolved.

just remember...more gas means longer rides.......watch out for monkey butt...haha

wear cycling pants that are padded in the crotch...

Heres a pic of my Clarke tank and crumpled rad, shroud. Plenty of room for a stabilizer. As you can see. The gas in this tank lasts longer then I can. If you do a search you will find more than you can read in a year on the tank debate.

P1010320.jpg

I have not had any problems with the IMS tank. You can get the tank for about $229. It's about $50 more.

KenBikeDeco.jpg

the last time I didn't think clark made a tank for a 07 + here's a pic of my black ims

there's damper room

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

That look great! that's the tank I'm looking for. where did you get it from and are those YZ shrouds? on that Wr and what size is it??

Checking this ebay item - IMS 3.1 gal for 400wr

Seems 3.1 doesnt exist, just 3.4

IMS list- 19th row.

Checking this ebay item - IMS 3.1 gal for 400wr

Seems 3.1 doesnt exist, just 3.4

IMS list- 19th row.

They do...just go down to line 25 or so. they come in Nat, blue and black

This is the one Im getting.

:cool: I am looking to buy a bigger tank, and I priced both of those brands for a 3.1 gal tank, and the IMS is almost $100.00 more than the the one made buy CLARK, is the IMS that much better quality?? or would I just be wasting moola???

I called IMS today and they quoted me $285.00 over the phone.

BTOSport has them for $225 with no tax or shipping. The best price I have seen out there. The part number for the 06 - 07 YZ is the same as the 07 WR.

http://www.btosports.com/p/IMSLCFTY

They do...just go down to line 25 or so. they come in Nat, blue and black

This is the one Im getting.

But not for 400. Just 3.4 or 4.0.

But not for 400. Just 3.4 or 4.0.

Noticed that!! My bad...:cool:

#1. What type of riding are you doing?

The stock tank vs the 'larger' tank isn't significantly more. What about looking into a Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank? I bought a Acerbis 3.1 gallon and it did help a little, but I wish I would have gotten the 6.6g for basically the same price. I have talked with quite a few WR450 owners and the Acerbis tanks fit extremely well. I bought the $200 3.1, and now I'm going to buy the 6.6 for Baja...

Why not an Acerbis. Seems like everyone really likes them. They add a gallon or 33% more mileage. I would think that is a substantial gain over stock. Just gas tanks has them for 200.

The Acerbis 3.1 fits very nicely, and the bikes ergo's are still just as good as stock.:cool: