HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wedge450

250 and 450 difference's

6 posts in this topic

Hi, i can't find out how to tell the difference between the 2, with honda , the motor and pipe look alot different, with kawi, the frame, motor and kickstart are different. What are some esay ways to tell the 2 apart?

The waterpump is a dead giveaway for me. The two have completely different looking waterpumps. Also the 250F has more space between the valve cover and the frame.

The ignition covers on the 250F have not changed since the first one. They are quite different than either 450 is. The clutch covers are also smaller on the 250F, as is the spacing between the head bolts on the right side. In the later models with the aluminum frames, the 450 sits nearly upright, while the 250 slopes slightly forward. The 450 also lacks the external oil tank and the cast in boss on the right side of the head for the decomp shaft, which is still there on the 250F.

Hi, i can't find out how to tell the difference between the 2, with honda , the motor and pipe look alot different, with kawi, the frame, motor and kickstart are different. What are some esay ways to tell the 2 apart?

You could start them up and ride them.......