Fork length on xr600

Need a favor, can somebody measure their xr600 forks unloaded and post the length? I have a 97' trying to see how much they were shortened.:cool:

Need a favor, can somebody measure their xr600 forks unloaded and post the length? I have a 97' trying to see how much they were shortened.:cool:

I'll measure mine this weekend, they aren't shortened, they are friggin long.

I have a spare set in the garage. I measured 41 inches from the bottom to the end of the steel fork tube. The edge of the cap adds 1/8 of an inch. The entire cap is about 13/16 tall.

Thanks. Mine measures 38". 3" shorter.:cool: My r. has just under 10" from tire to fender. Trying to find a reasonable solution to this, local shop wants a 150.00 to got through what I have and see what they can reverse if anything.:applause:

Thanks. Mine measures 38". 3" shorter.:cool: My r. has just under 10" from tire to fender. Trying to find a reasonable solution to this, local shop wants a 150.00 to got through what I have and see what they can reverse if anything.:applause:

You could always just take it apart and see if there is anything that simply comes out. Not really sure what they do to shorten shocks. If it a spacer then pop it out. If they cut something then you need new forks. I picked up a set on ebay a few months ago for only $50 shipped.

I bet the rear got the same treatment. The dogbone replacement only drops the bike an inch or an inch and a half. I'd guess if they went to the expense of shortening the forks, that the same was done to the shock.