2008 pipe question

im with family man on this one,i put the WB aluminium pro on my 08 yz450 and it made a huge difference,i also am using the stock header with the WB pipe.

I went up 4 sizes on the main jet with the stock pipe and then bought a DRD pipe. I also moved the clip from 3 to 4. I could never 'jet out' a little hesitation between 0-1/4 throttle. The DRD pipe cleared up the hesitation.

my next step is to try another size up on the main jet. This pipe was well worth the money.

I went up 4 sizes on the main jet with the stock pipe and then bought a DRD pipe. I also moved the clip from 3 to 4. I could never 'jet out' a little hesitation between 0-1/4 throttle. The DRD pipe cleared up the hesitation.

my next step is to try another size up on the main jet. This pipe was well worth the money.

:cool::applause::busted: Whats your altitude? im 800 ft above sl and My bike is spot on with Dr D. I actually talked to Doug and He runs a 48pj, with stock main. Even though there jetting recomendations say other wise thats what Doug Runs. I was talking to Lindsey ar Dr D as well and she said seems most guys are happiest with zero changes in jetting or a 48 pj. Try it:ride:

mine has the same hesitation you talk about.i hope this fmf pipe does the same for me as your drd did.

If ever there was proof that a 4-stroke will tolerate being ridiculously rich, that's it.

DRD recommends OEM jetting.

Pro Circuit, using their T4 on an '08 recommends an NFLP needle in the 5th groove, 43 pilot, 50 leak, 160 main, 2.5 turns on the screw. This approach will do more to eliminate the bog you're talking about because it actually makes changes to the things that contribute to that. Bumping the main jet out of any reasonable range doesn't.

It was the same for my 2000 yz426f. My friend had an 05 crf450r and with my stock pipe the crf was quicker, but when I put my fmf titanium 4 on the 426, it had a lot more bark than the crf.

It was the same for my 2000 yz426f. My friend had an 05 crf450r and with my stock pipe the crf was quicker, but when I put my fmf titanium 4 on the 426, it had a lot more bark than the crf.
There was a period following that up until '07 when the stock YZF exhaust was actually not that easy to improve on. Aftermarket pipes could alter the character of the engine's power distribution, but could not add more than 1.5 hp anywhere in the curve, in most cases. Now, we're back to where the stock pipe is just in the way. And it didn't have to be that way.