opinion on modding exhaust

was at the local muffler man shop asking about bike exhausts for my yz450f. they said they do not make exhaust but modify the old one. it is the easiest and cheapest way. he said if he made it more straight thru it would "un clog" it and give it some more power and bit more bark. i dont know the exact price but what im asking if do you think it would be worth it. i dont wanna spend alot of money so do you think this would be a cheap but effective way of getting some more power/bark from it. thanks will

was at the local muffler man shop asking about bike exhausts for my yz450f. they said they do not make exhaust but modify the old one. it is the easiest and cheapest way. he said if he made it more straight thru it would "un clog" it and give it some more power and bit more bark. i dont know the exact price but what im asking if do you think it would be worth it. i dont wanna spend alot of money so do you think this would be a cheap but effective way of getting some more power/bark from it. thanks will

I wouldn't let a muffler shop touch my bike.

Exhaust companies like FMF & Pro Circuit spend countless hours on the dyno trying different set-ups, pipe lengths, diameters, ect, ect....

A Muffler shop? :cool:

In the first place, your exhaust is already completely straight through, unless it's one of the new '08's.

There isn't anything that can be done to the stock muffler on an '03-'07 YZ450 that will make any significant change other that increase the noise. No power gain, no more bark, nothing. The only exception to that is switching the end caps on an '07 with an '06.

If it is an '08, there again, the extent of this trick modification Joe Muffler wants to charge you for is likely to be nothing more than pounding a crow bar through your pipe. The only thing you'll get from that is a loud bike that doesn't run any better, and a lighter wallet.

Just don't.

A Muffler shop? :cool:

In the first place, your exhaust is already completely straight through, unless it's one of the new '08's.

There isn't anything that can be done to the stock muffler on an '03-'07 YZ450 that will make any significant change other that increase the noise. No power gain, no more bark, nothing. The only exception to that is switching the end caps on an '07 with an '06.

If it is an '08, there again, the extent of this trick modification Joe Muffler wants to charge you for is likely to be nothing more than pounding a crow bar through your pipe. The only thing you'll get from that is a loud bike that doesn't run any better, and a lighter wallet.

Just don't.

Thats funny!!!!! He said a "muffler shop"! Seriously Gray....... For all these people who wan't a "shorter" muffler.....I'm talking stock 08 450 short..... Today i saw a Dr d exhaust on a CRF 150 "F" model...not the "R" model.....and it was the same length as a stock 08 silencer. It was the old "D" shaped Dr D with the old end cap but i swear its the same can i have on my 06 DR D.....only shorter. If one so wanted to for whatever reason they "COULD" probably buy one of those short 150 F cans and mate it up to the pipe. Before you get all crazy with me......I'm just saying........You probably could.

What's a matter with that? I take my exhaust system to the local muffler man for various modifications. :cool:

Ahhhhhhh! its all coming together now! Your the guy i saw with the Glasspack hanging off the end of his bike:thumbsup: Hows that working out for you?????:applause:

Ahhhhhhh! its all coming together now! Your the guy i saw with the Glasspack hanging off the end of his bike:thumbsup: Hows that working out for you?????:busted:

The glasspack works wonders!:applause: The muffler man also doubled the diameter of the

head pipe while adding some straightening. Good power all around and serious

bark. I should be taking home some championships with this set up. :cool:

The glasspack works wonders!:applause: The muffler man also doubled the diameter of the

head pipe while adding some straightening. Good power all around and serious

bark. I should be taking home some championships with this set up. :cool:

Midas or ???????????? Keep that hook up a secret! Thats funny.:busted: