HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beezer

I am shocked!

6 posts in this topic

The February Dirtbike actually had an interesting article in it.

They had Dr. D hisself doing a de-smog on an 08 WR450.

It was the usual binocular removal, YZ throttle stop, grey wire cut and a Dr. D pipe with a quiet insert.

He used data acquistion techology with a lambda exhaust sensor to do the jetting none of which I have a clue about.

His results were a 162 main, a NCVQ#4 needle and a 48 pilot. The stock leak jet was used and he had to adjust the accelerator pump was adjust 1/2 turn in from stock.

I'd scan it but I don't know about the copyright laws.

There really isn't anything in the article that I haven't posted so you might want to keep the 4.99 in your pocket.

Buy yourself a 6-pack instead.

The February Dirtbike actually had an interesting article in it.

They had Dr. D hisself doing a de-smog on an 08 WR450.

It was the usual binocular removal, YZ throttle stop, grey wire cut and a Dr. D pipe with a quiet insert.

He used data acquistion techology with a lambda exhaust sensor to do the jetting none of which I have a clue about.

His results were a 162 main, a NCVQ#4 needle and a 48 pilot. The stock leak jet was used and he had to adjust the accelerator pump was adjust 1/2 turn in from stock.

What happened to no rejetting required, hmmmm? Ah, vindication is a beautiful thing. TT Rocks! But, we knew that already...SC

Has anyone run theese settings on their own bike? I am still trying to perfect my jetting and it would be helpful to know how this set-up works with a stock pipe (no baffle) and hopefully somewhere close to sea level

Thanks

Has anyone run theese settings on their own bike? I am still trying to perfect my jetting and it would be helpful to know how this set-up works with a stock pipe (no baffle) and hopefully somewhere close to sea level

Thanks

Save yourself a huge guessing game headache and get it dyno'd.

I did it and for $160 it runs tight and crisp.

Greg