HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourstroker

Removing the airbox lid????

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if removing the airbox lid on my 2001 WR426 will cause any problems (having to change jetting, etc.)? I live in the midwest (ILLINOIS) and have already uncorked her, grey wire removed and throttle stop shaved down. Can I expect better performance from her if I pull the airbox lid?

Thanks in advance THUMPS!

Mark (Highland, Illinois)

If you pull the entire lid you will notice a little pickup. I pulled only the snorkle and it's not much different but helps save on cleaning the filter. With the entire lid off things get dirty faster.

Hope that helps

I did not change anything when I took off the air box lid, and it seemed to run fine. It definately had more power.

But, I am not saying that you shouln't re-jet.

The air box lid is doing nothing but choking your bike.....get rid of it, you gota let your bike breath.

And yes, you may need to re-jet, but probably nothing more than fattening it up a little (maybe down one clip on needle, up one step on main).

Peace

Dodger :D:)