The Real Do-it-all bike??? Help Please

I hope this thread help all of us who ride track and woods.:busted:

I have a 2008 YZ450 and I love this bike, I like to run harescrambles once in a while, maybe 6 or 7 races per year, I really like the track and that's really what I'm in to right now, I ride 3 times a week at the local MX track and so far I'm doing pretty good, I'm a former enduro racer but I've been riding MX only for 1.5 years. this practice at the track has allowed me to improve my riding skills very fast, I'm 31 years old, 5'11 and 160 pounds B-rider. So in order to make my bike a little bit more friendly at the woods I bought a 9oz GYTR flywheel along with some more stuff: Scotts stering stabilizer, 50T rear sprocket, o-ring chain, Skid plate and radiator cages.

So the question is: will I be able to perform as good as I do now at the track with the new flywheel and rear sprocket, or definitely this will slow me down?

This year I'm plannig to run the local MX championship and some harescramble races as well

Thanks a lot for any info

Cheers all

:banghead:

The most remarkable thing about that flywheel is that you'll forget you ever put it in there if you don't think about it. The bike will feel exactly the same, and run just as hard.

And then, you'll say to yourself, "Man, this thing is really hooking up today", or something like that. And at some point, it will hit you that the bike really pulls smoothly when you get into it at low rpm compared to your old one.

And then you'll realize, "that's the difference."

Thanks a lot grayracer, the more stuff I add to this bike the more I fell in love with it, I wasn't able to get a new bike until this year so I'm really having fun now. I'll post an update once I install everything along with some pics.

Cheers from south america.

I've done the same plus 3.0 gallon tank, Rekluse pro model clutch and had the suspension resprung/revalved (i'm in the 220lb. club, suspension is a must). I race a dozen hare scrambles plus a few WORCS races, one three day motocross race and a couple of enduros a year on the same bike. All I need now is a headlight!

You said you bought a Scotts stabilizer, where did you get one, they keep telling me they dont have the posts made yet?

I got a good deal on a 2007 model, It fitted perfectly, only thing I had to do is to use a longer screw that hold the stabilizer to the frame.