Frame Guards?

Spending a little jing on the L this winter and I know I've seen this thread before but does anyone run these on their L and were did ya get em? I've got an 07. Thanks man.

I managed to find a set of acerbis frame guards a couple of years ago. I don't think they make them anymore. All years should be the same. And a lot of people have adapted XR600 guards to work.

Most will work with slight to no mods. I have UFO's on my 04'. They were for an 89' XR600R with a drum brake. I haven't looked at the 91' and up with rear disk, but assume they fit better. Disk guards are off same. 25$ for each set

xrlleft.jpg

frameguardxrll.jpg

frameguardrxrl.jpg

Works connection makes very nice Al guards for the XR600R / XR650L

jbo

absynth01, the black on your engine looks sweet.:banghead: I always thought the '80s XR/XL 600s looked excellent with red bodywork/frame and black engines. Bruce

absynth01, the black on your engine looks sweet.:banghead: I always thought the '80s XR/XL 600s looked excellent with red bodywork/frame and black engines. Bruce

Thats my 04' xr650l with 89' plastic guards. Here is the 89' xr600r. Been through a little more ruffage!

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

89xr600.jpg

I used a set of Works Connection frame guards from an XR600, on my '01 XR650L. I had to drill holes in them, to be able to go over the passenger peg lugs on the frame, but they work, and look, great. I'd imagine just about any set made for XR600 would have to be drilled, or trimmed, to clear the mounts, so they'll lay flat. IMO, anyway.

I used a set of Works Connection frame guards from an XR600, on my '01 XR650L. I had to drill holes in them, to be able to go over the passenger peg lugs on the frame, but they work, and look, great. I'd imagine just about any set made for XR600 would have to be drilled, or trimmed, to clear the mounts, so they'll lay flat. IMO, anyway.

I did the same and they work great, The works connection guards provide more surface area for the side of your boot.

I picked up a set of UFO guards on Ebay. From a seller in UK. They were the only ones I could find. They were like 20.00-something dollars

063.jpg

Thanks a bunch for all your inputs. Y'all are the reason I come here. Many thanks! OGB