HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank ZX

Traded the L for a R

27 posts in this topic

I was tired of wresling the big beast off road so I put a couple ads out to trade for a lighter off road bike,and what did I get,another heavy off road bike.lol

It does seem to have a lower center of gravity,and it a little lighter,and alot more powerful.The bike is not in as good of shape as my XRL was,but I'll fix that soon.

The seat height is a little lower too.I always wanter a XRR,and I got one.

Now I just got to find out how to adjust the valves,and learn all the XRR's quarks.I love Hondas!:banghead:

The guy also gave me a Yamaha Blaster with a stuck engine,I'll rebuild it for my wife.Life is good.lol

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbik...e%20adjustment

Here's some valve adjustment info.

Sorry the tutorial is not there any longer. You might be able to search the info. They had a real slick write up. :busted:

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=332657&searchString=xr650r%20valve%20adjustment

Funny, if I right click and open it comes up, I must of goofed something up.:banghead:

1 person likes this

Uh-Oh, Rich is thinkin'!:banghead: Hey Rich, you gonna wheelie into Reno and go see Hillary? LOL! Bruce

Dude you trade you PIG for another PIG.The diference is L for R.....:banghead: you should got 600R!!!

Just kidding!Congratulations:ride:

Dude you trade you PIG for another PIG.The diference is L for R.....:banghead: you should got 600R!!!

Just kidding!Congratulations:ride:

An if you big nuts a 1000R.

My R came with a White Bros.slip-on w/9 discs.Is this correct?It seems like there should be more discs in the pipe.I thought about adding a few washers to let it breath.Any thoughts?The intake has been changed,and the air box snorkle removed.I'm going to check the jetting next.

More discs usually shifts the power upward and adds noise. Less disks will give more bottom hit with less sound. This is "in general" though. Some bikes just run better the more disks you have almost like they come into the jetting. Just play around with the disks. That's the beauty of the S-traps and the E-series. Dial it in for your taste.

An if you big nuts a 1000R.

XR1000R????Where did you see that??Where??HUMM???I want one!!!:banghead:

I was talking about XR600R............:busted:

Uh-Oh, Rich is thinkin'!:banghead: Hey Rich, you gonna wheelie into Reno and go see Hillary? LOL! Bruce

LOL! What a Joke!!!

Hey Ftrank, you still want to supermoto that thing?

I'm not sure Sniper,the economy is bad,work is iffy,I'm not sure what to expect in the following weeks or months.

I tore the R down to the frame so I could see what was what.The guy I got the R from was a moron.The was a AC Delco spark plug,threads were too long,and the gas line was crimped.It was hard to start.(thank goodness it didn't hit the piston),the pilot jet was partily clogged.It has been uncorked,(open intake,175 main,68s pilot,clip in the third position,air box opened).I cleaned the air filter,put the correct spark plug in ,and cleaned the carb.It starts on the first kick.I'm dieing to ride the pig,but we are getting snow and freezing rain in Georgia.