Xr700r???

I'll be at the DC show today. I'm gonna give that TRX motor a close look.

I'll be at the DC show today. I'm gonna give that TRX motor a close look.

Bring back lots of photos of lots of cool stuff.........please.:banghead:

The motor is identical to the 650R motor right? It could proble be swapped right out and fitted into the 650R frame. You might be able to find just a TRX700 motor on ebay and sell your old motor...you would proble take atleast a $1,000-$2,000 Hit, but you would have a 686 with e-start and fuel injection.

Uncork that baby and your all set:thumbsup:

1 of you rich 650R lovers has gota make a project out this.

The motor is identical to the 650R motor right? It could proble be swapped right out and fitted into the 650R frame. You might be able to find just a TRX700 motor on ebay and sell your old motor...you would proble take atleast a $1,000-$2,000 Hit, but you would have a 686 with e-start and fuel injection.

Uncork that baby and your all set:thumbsup:

1 of you rich 650R lovers has gota make a project out this.

If only it were that easy. As someone had mentioned earlier, the 700XX is a center drive. Meaning the chain and sprockets are located in the center of the quad due to the irs. Now whether they accomplished this with some kind if half shaft setup is beyond me, but knowing honda it is a lot cleaner than that. I haven't had a chance to inspect one of these, but my bet is quite a few mods would have to take place in order for an engine swap. I couldn't insert a pic of the center drive setup, but this link should take you straight to it.

http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/photos_enlarge.asp?sCategory=Atvs&sSubCategory=Sport&ModelName=TRX700XX&ModelYear=2008&ModelId=TRX700XX8&ModelStyle=TRX700XX8&iPageNum=6&w=751&h=569

If only it were that easy. As someone had mentioned earlier, the 700XX is a center drive. Meaning the chain and sprockets are located in the center of the quad due to the irs. Now whether they accomplished this with some kind if half shaft setup is beyond me, but knowing honda it is a lot cleaner than that. I haven't had a chance to inspect one of these, but my bet is quite a few mods would have to take place in order for an engine swap. I couldn't insert a pic of the center drive setup, but this link should take you straight to it.

http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/photos_enlarge.asp?sCategory=Atvs&sSubCategory=Sport&ModelName=TRX700XX&ModelYear=2008&ModelId=TRX700XX8&ModelStyle=TRX700XX8&iPageNum=6&w=751&h=569

I seem to recall seeing a picture of the left hand side of the 700's motor and in that picture was what looked to be a series of gears connected to the output shaft to get the drive sprocket in the center. I will do some digging and see what I find.

Found it!

trx010.jpg

Found it!

trx010.jpg

I just found the same pic. i'm going to a dealer today to check out a 450x and a 650r. if they have one i will give it a close look...if they are even out yet??? i have no idea.

I seem to recall seeing a picture of the left hand side of the 700's motor and in that picture was what looked to be a series of gears connected to the output shaft to get the drive sprocket in the center. I will do some digging and see what I find.

Found it!

trx010.jpg

Man, that sure looks like the drive comes out where the countershaft sprocket would normally be. Bruce

A dealer told me today that the 700XX was based on the Rincon engine...I'm not buying that. I've been trying to find some decent pics of the Rincon engine, but haven't had any luck. They have the same bore, but different stroke. The 700XX is SOHC and the Rincon is just listed as OHV. Plus the Rincon is mated to an external auto trans the 700XX obviously has a manual trans. :banghead:

I just found the same pic. i'm going to a dealer today to check out a 450x and a 650r. if they have one i will give it a close look...if they are even out yet??? i have no idea.

I don't think the 700 will be out until March. :banghead:

Another thing to look at is where about does the single header come out at? Is it strait out the front of the head or off to the left or right and how far. Also is the intake side of the head the same? I wouldn't mind an easy OEM solution for FI.