XRR Sprocket Choice

I have a dualsported XR650R and I need new sprockets and chain. I ride 50/50, with a lot of high speed dirt road. Any suggestions? Do I want aluminum or steel? I know what ratio now I just need to know what material and brand to get.

i really like DID X-ring chains

have them on both my XR's(my race supermoto and my street/dirt XR) also on my GSXR750/SV650 ect

Get an Iron Man for the rear.

Get an Iron Man for the front and rear, Dirt Tricks makes the best sprocket period

I have been told to stay away from alumn. the big bore 4s tear them up very quick because of the torque of the motor. Only use steel the weight is not that different. Always change out the gears and chain as a set and get a case guard $20.00 from XRs only (cheap ins.) :banghead: GOOD LUCK , DANNY

Thanks guys, Iron Man and DIDX it is.

Where can I get Iron Man sprockets? I checked the TT store and Rocky Mountain ATV and neither of them have it.

I have been told to stay away from alumn. the big bore 4s tear them up very quick because of the torque of the motor. Only use steel the weight is not that different. Always change out the gears and chain as a set and get a case guard $20.00 from XRs only (cheap ins.) :banghead: GOOD LUCK , DANNY

Well, I don't agree with either statement. My Vortex on the XR600R that has about 45rwhp is like new after 1K miles, and the stock steel one that came off was about 4lbs heavier. I have never worn out a rear sprocket on anXR. If you keep the chain lubed and adjusted it won't wear out the sprocket early.

l_a41bfcd84a74f5686a070f7c12253ee2.jpg