HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikesbaron

How many gallson is Mouse McCoy's gas tank?

9 posts in this topic

5919_480.jpg

If you have a dry-break cap on a tank like this and are in a bind without a dry break dumper, can you use a regular gas nozzle or can to insert gas?

Mouse's tank is an IMS 3.2. I have the 4.6, which bulges a little more at the top and a little wider at the front. As far as the second tank, wow, never seen that before. Not production IMS, Clarke, or Aqualine I don't believe. Got me on that one.

So does anyone have a pic of the 4.6 gal IMS tank? I'm just trying to get this all straightened out in my head and eye now.

And that second photo. That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

And that second photo. That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

I'm gonna say no....well, maybe with a TON of rigging?!?!?!

If you look @ the crf450 frame, the "top tube" is a cradle type, whereas the XRR is a single structure.....

xrframe.jpg

043001crf450rframe.JPG

If you have a dry-break cap on a tank like this and are in a bind without a dry break dumper, can you use a regular gas nozzle or can to insert gas?

Yes, you can fill a dry-break tank without a dry-break dump can, but you can also order that IMS 3.2 gallon tank with a dry-break or a normal gas cap (I've got one with a normal gas cap). If you already have a dry-break tank Acerbis makes a billet adapter.

That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

No way. Take a look at those pictures Maroast posted.

How hard is it to fill a dry-break with a regular nozzle? The reason I ask is that I like the looks of them and would rather have one than a screw on top.