HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machelis

'06 YZ450 Question

17 posts in this topic

Howdy everyone.

This is actually my first post.

There is someone selling a legit '06 YZ450 frame with no motor or tranny and has never been ridden. He wants $2000 cdn for it.

Now, I ride quads, but always wanted a dirt bike. Would it be worth it to pick it up and toss and motor/tranny in there? Or just look for a cheaper used complete deal?

Thanks in advance.

Howdy everyone.

This is actually my first post.

There is someone selling a legit '06 YZ450 frame with no motor or tranny and has never been ridden. He wants $2000 cdn for it.

Now, I ride quads, but always wanted a dirt bike. Would it be worth it to pick it up and toss and motor/tranny in there? Or just look for a cheaper used complete deal?

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe the difference between the 06 and 08. I wouldn't invest considering it's a buyers market and you can buy a complete 06 for 3 to 3.5K maybe even cheaper. JMHO.

Where can I find a complete bike for $3500?

I can't even find an '03 for under $4k.

I'm also talking Canadian currency.

Where can I find a complete bike for $3500?

I can't even find an '03 for under $4k.

I'm also talking Canadian currency.

Dude I sold my 06 that I had 11K in for 4300. I'll see, hold on fir some links.

Thanks dude. I'll look around before I jump on anything. Especially if it is in SC :banghead:

There are a lot of people trying to unload. You might have to drive a bit, but worth it.

ouch......this is exactly why my 06 is a keeper....rode 07 and 08s and prefer my 06 to all of them..........yea I have approx 2k in mods on mine..just because the mkt sux I refuse to take a loss like you did....now my 03 is a totally different story.....I will probably be buried with it :banghead:

There are a lot of people trying to unload. You might have to drive a bit, but worth it.

Well driving a bit is ok. But driving about 3 days to save some money on a bike aint worth it. I'm better off buying something in my own country :banghead:

ouch......this is exactly why my 06 is a keeper....rode 07 and 08s and prefer my 06 to all of them..........yea I have approx 2k in mods on mine..just because the mkt sux I refuse to take a loss like you did....now my 03 is a totally different story.....I will probably be buried with it :banghead:

HEHE, I've been there. I will tell you I was disgusted after I did the transaction to then read how everybody hated their 08's. But when I let my buddy try out the 08 and I rode my 06 again? No comparison. Now I didn't change the offset on the 06 either. But now with the pipe and mods it is better for me then the 06.

HEHE, I've been there. I will tell you I was disgusted after I did the transaction to then read how everybody hated their 08's. But when I let my buddy try out the 08 and I rode my 06 again? No comparison. Now I didn't change the offset on the 06 either. But now with the pipe and mods it is better for me then the 06.

Wes next time pull all the extra bling off and sell. I always try to sell my bikes as close to stock - as aftermkt adds nothing to the asking price

Wes next time pull all the extra bling off and sell. I always try to sell my bikes as close to stock - as aftermkt adds nothing to the asking price

I got most of the stuff but couldn't take off the DLC!:banghead::busted:

who did the DLC coating for you?

Factory Connection , There is a local company who I found out does it. I'm researching it now as we speak. I will be a whole lot cheaper. You will have to break everything down yourself though. My buddies company is the type of company who would do it for Factory Connection. ect. I keep you informed. Be nice to have it done for a couple of Franklins.

I have my very clean 06 with alot of extras for sale and i'm only asking 4000. The reality is i'll probably only get 3500 for it.