HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honda0071

exhaust cam

4 posts in this topic

what would happen if i put a stage 1 exhaust cam from Hot Cams? it has auto decompression on it... would it be the same as in putting 03 yzf450 exhuast cam like the normal mod? or do i have to put both intake and exhaust cams for it to work. what would happen if i put both cams would i get less compression like the regular mod??? or would it build more by holding intake and exhaust valves open longer?

what would happen if i put a stage 1 exhaust cam from Hot Cams? it has auto decompression on it... would it be the same as in putting 03 yzf450 exhuast cam like the normal mod? or do i have to put both intake and exhaust cams for it to work. what would happen if i put both cams would i get less compression like the regular mod??? or would it build more by holding intake and exhaust valves open longer?

There is no benefit to buying just the exhaust Hot Cam. Sure the HC exhaust side will provide you with auto-decompression, but you need both cams to benefit powerwise.

Are the Hot Cams worth the money? You bet. :banghead:

i have an 03 AD 450 cam and its deffinately the best thing that has ever happend in 4stroke history.. :banghead:

By itself, the Yamaha cam will give you the best power improvement, and it costs less. The Hot Cams exhaust cam alone will give you some gain in power, but it was designed to work in concert with their intake cam, and as a complete pair, they work very well. If you're on a budget, and you really only care about getting the auto decompression feature, the OEM YZ450 cam is the way to go. Just remember, they require special timing.