Tps

Hey, I know the TPS subject is a rerun but, I finally adjusted mine on my '04 450 and the stutter is way smoother. I removed my TPS during my first jet change by accident and when re-assembled ran very rough. I ran it disconnected and got it pretty good by jetting but it still stuttered. I finally adjusted the TPS to about.74 volts and It runs much smoother (street). One of the things preventing me from adjusting was I couldn't get a voltage reading off that TPS connector. I finally shoved some safety wire into the plug and I got a reading.

I have a 07 wr and its a real pain to get to the tps . I was think about putting a variable resistor inline back at the cdi to correct my voltage . then once I get it right take a ohm reading off of it, then just put in the proper resistor. Do you guys think this will work ? because I'm tired of pulling the bike in half to work on the carb.

I have a 07 wr and its a real pain to get to the tps . I was think about putting a variable resistor inline back at the cdi to correct my voltage . then once I get it right take a ohm reading off of it, then just put in the proper resistor. Do you guys think this will work ? because I'm tired of pulling the bike in half to work on the carb.

Are you sure your jetting is correct? I just went through all of this and I too was tired of "guessing" at what the correct jetting cocktail might be. I took mine to a dyno and for $160 it was completely rejetted to my elevation. Runs perfect now - no stutter - and I did not mess with the TPS at all.

According to the jetting expert there are two kinds of stutter produced by these bikes (at least the 07s): TPS and carb. From all I read you want to eliminate the carb first, then deal with the TPS.

Greg

I had my bike on a dyno and yes the jetting is way wrong .But I get both kinds of shutter one as I'm twisting in the other at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle cruising . I've got all the stuff ordered to fix all the carb issues . But if I don't get rid of all the shutters I am not going ever be happy with this bike. So what ever it takes .so what jets did you end up with ? what was your target air/fuel ratio?

I had my bike on a dyno and yes the jetting is way wrong .But I get both kinds of shutter one as I'm twisting in the other at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle cruising . I've got all the stuff ordered to fix all the carb issues . But if I don't get rid of all the shutters I am not going ever be happy with this bike. So what ever it takes .so what jets did you end up with ? what was your target air/fuel ratio?

Agreed. I was in the same position as you but now it runs perfect. So it can be done. Run a search on my username and you should find my setup. I posted it not that long ago.

Greg